Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sim stuck in class

by kalliejane22

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim stuck in class

★★ Guide

This started happening yesterday with one of my sim in the dorm but not the new sim who just moved in, what I've been doing is using my other sim to help her finish her homework by placing university homework books from the bookshelves and using him to open the bookshelves and place them on the table and then I click on the book for her to do her homework for her classes.

I also had to use him to purchase her cold medicine when she became sick and place the medicine on the table

I have no issue with her going to class and I can still control her but I can't look in her inventory..

Annotation 2019-11-22 111304.png

Message 21 of 36 (1,793 Views)

★★ Guide

Back with another screenshot, so I had her leave early and she passes her classes and now I can open her inventory but the little icon is still there.

2019-11-22 (7).png

2019-11-22 (6).png

Message 22 of 36 (1,781 Views)

★★ Guide

Everything fixed it self, what I did after she finished her first classes was move her off the campus into a house with her friends.noIcon.jpg

Message 23 of 36 (1,773 Views)

Sim Stuck in Class

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send sim to class.
What happens when the bug occurs? I sent my Sim to class. Sims icon in UI is grayed out saying she is still in class. However, class is not in session and she is unable to leave.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to be able to return from class, or "leave class early".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch - 1.58.69.1010 11/25/2019

Attempted to change location and resetsim. I backed-up my game and created a whole new Sims4 folder - when I added my saves back in, my sim was still stuck. I can still control her, but I am unable to access her inventory.

Message 24 of 36 (1,721 Views)

Re: Sim Stuck in Class

Hero
@Kutriel Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 36 (1,697 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims On Active Lot, but Greyed Out On Sim List

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Maiburin077 This issue also ocurred in my game. My student sim is shown as in class, but she is at the home lot.

The following did not work for me:
travelling
attending class
resetting the sim
repairing the game
deleting the cache files
playing in a different household for a few sim-hours

(Have not tried to move the whole hosehold to another lot, though.)

Message 26 of 36 (1,671 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims On Active Lot, but Greyed Out On Sim List

Hero
@Freechheit I'm moving this to the stuck class thread.

They are probably related but keeping separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 36 (1,657 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

If you have a bike then that could be the reason, after I sold mine they started attending class again 

Message 28 of 36 (1,617 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We released a PC/Mac patch today (version 1.59.73) that may have fixed this issue. If this issue is still occurring for you on PC/Mac after updating your game, let us know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 29 of 36 (11,124 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This issue is still occurring for me. My sim now won’t even go to class at all.

Message 30 of 36 (1,571 Views)