Re: Sim stuck at class

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim stuck in class

★★★ Novice

Same thing has happened to me. I sent my male sim to class and took my female sim to another neighbourhood.The male sim didn't return from class that afternoon and I couldn't locate him anywhere. I went in and out of CAS and he was back in his dorm, but his icon showed he was in class and I couldn't access his inventory. I could interact with him and control him just fine, and he could visit other lots. I've tried resetting him (didn't work), moving out of dorms (didn't work), even quitting university entirely. His inventory became available again once he quit university but his icon still has the little suitcase symbol that says he's in class.

Message 11 of 36 (1,951 Views)

Sim stuck at class

★★★ Newbie

My sim is stuck “at class”. It’s says she’s at class, but she’s not. Since she’s “at class” I can’t access her inventory to do class projects or homework. HELP!!!

Message 12 of 36 (1,944 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@DEARLOVE87 Ya, it was just that one sim that got stuck. But apparently if you play then till the end of the term they return to normal

Message 13 of 36 (1,929 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

@ShelDez 

Travel to another lot and back or edit the Sim in CAS (no changes are needed. This will reset the Sim.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 14 of 36 (1,920 Views)

Hero
@ShelDez I merged your post with existing thread.

So far, the only option is to wait it out. They should get unstuck once the term is over.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 36 (1,914 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Shanz0313 That happened to me twice when my sim travels while the household members are in class. First time I got lucky as it's the end of term and they got unstuck pretty soon. The next one happened during midterm and I tried all methods and finally got them out by going back to a previous save. Luckily I didn't loss much progress...

Message 16 of 36 (1,899 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I have the same issue. But how can you just wait it out when you can't acces your homework. I think my Sim wil faill his classes then Frown. I tried everything too. I hope they come with a quick resolve.
Message 17 of 36 (1,894 Views)

Hero
@Anika16 Buy new homework on the bookshelf. Maybe that works.

As for any boards, as they tend to disappear, I would take them out as soon as you have them and put them somewhere in the dorm/house

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 36 (1,884 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Will it work when my other sim buys the homework and places it in some room? Because I can not acces the inventory of the stuck sim. This seems like a good plan for now. I'm going to try it tonight.
Message 19 of 36 (1,882 Views)

Hero
@Anika16 Not sure if that would work. Didn't think about it going to the inventory right away.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to unstuck the Sim other than to wait it out or drop out of uni.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 36 (1,872 Views)