Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Presentation Board is missing Options do presentation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Discover University - Sign up for a class with a final presentation
What happens when the bug occurs? The presentation board cannot be interacted with beyond Put In Inventory and Place In World.
What do you expect to see? My sim should be able to work on the required presentation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim is still enrolled in the class requiring the presentation but cannot start working on it. This occurs regardless of what lot he is on (home or elsewhere) and is not rectified by debug resetting the object or completely restarting the game. 

Message 1 of 24 (125,445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

[ Edited ]
Hero

Term Presentations should not have missing interactions any longer.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

If anyone has issue with the board missing or never getting one, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-Term-presentation-board-gone-and-can-t-get-it-back/td-...

If you have missing options on the board (aka you got the wrong board for your class) with a board received after Patch 1.59.73, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (125,469 Views)

All Replies

Discover University project board not working

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion packs dine out, jungle adventure, realm of magic, spa day, strangerville, vampires laundry day, movie hangout, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? enroll a sim in the communications specialty degree at the University of Britchester and enroll in courses with required projects
What happens when the bug occurs? The project board is blue and only has the option to 'put in inventory' when selected. meaning you cannot complete the project for the course
What do you expect to see? to be able to actually complete the project and to be able to give a presentation for the course
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

sims error.jpgclass has started and my sim has always completed their homework, yet for some reason cannot work on the project required for one of the courses... the paper for another course worked well, but this is what happens to the project board

Message 2 of 24 (125,337 Views)

Re: Discover University project board not working

★★★ Novice

Same is happening to me.  I also had the same issue with the homework but was able to work around it by getting rid of the homework book and buying a new one.

Message 3 of 24 (125,317 Views)

Re: presentation board

[ Edited ]
Hero

@deathsquiggles

@LalaKatsuela  @KateJ12 

Did classes already start ? Is this your first class with a board ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 24 (125,300 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have a presentation board problem too, but not a vanishing one. Mine has just 'Put in Inventory' option, and when I looked at things closer, I understood why: the game gave my sim the wrong presentation board. The board he has is for a class that has Final Exam as the top requirement, and the class that does have Presentation requirement doesn't have a board in his inventory. (You can see what class the board is for by hovering your cursor over it, it's mentioned in the tooltip.)

Specifics:

- Degree Program: Communications

- Class that has Give a Presentation! requirement: How Controversial! Difficult or Divisive Discussions

- Presentation Board he has in his inventory: Personal Brand: Public Privacy in Our Modern Age

- Personal Brand: Public Privacy in Our Modern Age requirement: Take Final Exam!

So obviously there's no option to work on the board, since that class does not require a presentation.

Joining the chorus wishing we could buy the boards from the kiosk, or email the professor to get a new one or something.

Later Edit: I continued playing the sim with the bugged presentation board and figured that since it says the presentation is a large part of the degree, instead of saying necessary or obligatory part of the degree, I'd just study harder otherwise. Made sure he was early to class with homework done, always took notes in class, and studied that subject from the text book a lot. The day before term ended, he emailed his professor, who called him a stellar student, and indeed, when the grades came in, he got A+, despite never having done the presentation board for the class.

So a simple workaround until the boards are fixed: study extra from the text book and make sure to do all the homework well and to take notes in class.

Message 5 of 24 (125,277 Views)

Hero
@Lumiasta Moving your post over to the thread on that issue.

The two issue could be connected so thanks for your input.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (125,268 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

★ Novice

same kind of except my sim can't even complete her presentation I click on it to work on it and all it says put in inventory :/

Message 7 of 24 (125,235 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Term presentation board gone and can't get it back

Hero
@BrownieXenia Moving your post over to the other thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 24 (125,225 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes this is my first class with the board. It happened before classes started but still didn't work by the end of the semester. It seems a lot of people are saying it was for a communication degree and mine was as well so maybe that degree is bugged? I also had a presentation board for another sim in my household for a drama degree though that has the same issue.
Message 9 of 24 (125,218 Views)

Hero
@LalaKatsuela Could be. I haven't tried that one. Thanks for the extra info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (125,184 Views)