[FIXED] [DU] Paying bills in dorms/Uni Housing

by Tles30

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Paying bills in dorms

★★ Novice

I moved two siblings in to foxbury institute and got Bill's for 4000 simiolens. Sim was unable to pay them after getting them out of the mailbox. Clicking on the option to pay them resulted in nothing happening. The bills have disappeared from my inventory. The power has been off for days with no way to pay the bills. No option on phones or computers. 

Message 51 of 80 (1,316 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here, it is so strange -.-
For me, I had to pay bills in my final semester...

Message 52 of 80 (1,303 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had the exact same thing, I had to pay for every single semester, a bill of roughly 3.5k. I played without mods and it still happened. my sim was living at the tidal tower at foxbury. I ended up cheating money as I was sure that it can't be right.. I already paid for everything, why am I being billed for living there? a bill that was obviously meant to be charged for every sim living in there :/

Message 53 of 80 (1,274 Views)

★★ Guide
@ChaosCattitude This happened to me for the first time on a playthrough today.
Message 54 of 80 (1,254 Views)

House bills in off campus university housing

★★★ Newbie

I built campus housing for Foxbury Institute in one of the lots that aren't the original dorm lots (Honeydew Fields). My sim received the pay bills notification for ~5000 simoleons which seems about right for the lot valued around 140,000. This lot is labeled as University housing.

Message 55 of 80 (1,236 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Paying bills in dorms

★★★★★ Novice

I "mee too" but this has also happened on Foxbury dorms/lots for me so I don't think it matters

Message 56 of 80 (1,214 Views)

Re: House bills in off campus university housing

Hero
@annalizperry Merged your post with existing thread on this and changed title to include uni housing generally.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 80 (1,200 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Paying bills in dorms/Uni Housing

★★ Novice

Having the same issue!  My son went to Britechester and lived in Drake but he had numerous scholarships; however when my daughter enrolled she is being asked to pay bills of ~$5K which is ridiculous, because I've had to buy food everyday since it wasn't brought to the dorm as it had been previously.  Is there a patch coming along soon?  

Message 58 of 80 (1,176 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Paying bills in dorms/Uni Housing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The exact thing is happening to me, I even moved dorms to see if that would resolve the issue and I got no where. Seriously annoyed. @Tles30 My bills now are 7,160 and when I go and try to pay them it cancels out on me, I have the money to pay them but can’t pay them! I hope so!!

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 59 of 80 (1,126 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Paying bills in dorms

★★★ Novice

Same problem! I moved two sims from an existing household into Wyvern Hall at Brichester University. I did replace the original Wyvern hall with a renovation from the gallery before moving them in. The Reno has all the same accommodations as the original build plus a coffee machine. I assumed the bills must be for the parent household and somehow redirected to me? I’ve had to cheat since my sims are dirt poor and paid to attend on student loans.

Message 60 of 80 (1,079 Views)