Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Paying bills in dorms

by CultOfLoz

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I also experienced this issue. First sim at uni, moved her from her apartment (she was a single sim family) to dorms and got landed with a bill for 2500 simoleons (or thereabouts) after a day or two. 

Message 21 of 80 (2,459 Views)

★ Guide

I'm also experience this. With a dorm downloaded from the Gallery, and nothing extra but for what my sim was able to buy at the kiosk, she's now facing an $11,900.00 household bill that (because I started a rags to riches) she doesn't have without the money cheat.

Message 22 of 80 (2,443 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Paying bills in dorms

★★ Apprentice

I had this same issue at Wyvern Hall. It was towards the end of my degree.

Message 23 of 80 (2,393 Views)

★ Guide

Beginning of Term 3 bill for $6782 no mods no cc. All packs

Message 24 of 80 (2,382 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrictTles30 My sim can't pay the bills! Now her electric has been shut off. I click on the bill in her inventory and nothing happens!
Message 25 of 80 (2,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

My question is someone said that they put someone in the dorms through manage world, this could be the problem as roommates have to pay bills, good way to add a special NPC.  You move into dorms by selecting it from the enroll in University menu and click student housing, just adding sims to dorms through manage world adds roommates only, this may be the reason your getting bills.  Also you must be enrolled in classes every semester for the student loans to avoid charging you.  Minimum Student loan payment is due at end of semester you didn't reenroll for class, completing a Degree, or taking a brake from University.  During the time period you don't enroll in classes you have to pay the bills.  The popup ones is Student Loans.  If you are on Academic Probation for bad grades or bad behavior this could also default your loan.

Message 26 of 80 (2,313 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had been using manage worlds to go between two different households but both of my sims in the household at university dorms were enrolled in classes 

Message 27 of 80 (2,296 Views)

Power turned off at dorm

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University work city laundry and parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I just lived in the dorms for 2 weeks and the landlord demanded I pay Bill's and shut the power off
What happens when the bug occurs? Power is off and wont come back on
What do you expect to see? My sim shouldnt have to pay the Bill's for the dorm shes in. That doesnt make any sense
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim is at university living in a dorm and the landlord turned off the power saying I need to pay the Bill's. The bill are over $7,000 and now the power is off. This must be a bug. 

Message 28 of 80 (2,305 Views)

Re: Power turned off at dorm

Message 29 of 80 (2,288 Views)

Re: Power turned off at dorm

Hero
@pineapplemak I merged your post with the pay bills in dorms issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 80 (2,269 Views)