Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Paying bills in dorms/Uni Housing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, stangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, spa day, outdoor retreat, laundry day, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, bowling night stuff, vintage glamour stuff, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, perfect patio stuff and holiday celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Live in Drake Hall for a while and bills will be delivered to the dorms
What happens when the bug occurs? Asked to pay 4000 simoleons when living in dorms and electricity turned off when not paid within 48 hours
What do you expect to see? No bills in dorms as have already paid to live there
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Discover university added

When living in dorms, my sim keeps being asked to pay bills of 4000 or higher. She has already paid fees as part of tuition to live there and cannot afford the bills.

Have already repaired game through origin and problem still occurs.  

Message 1 of 80 (7,200 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [DU] Paying bills in dorms/Uni Housing

Hero

Sims living in dorms should no longer receive high bills to live there.

Fixed in Patch 1.62.67

I don't know if the fix works if you are already receiving bills or if it's just not happening newly anymore.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 71 of 80 (5,079 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Paying bills in dorms

Hero
@Tles30 Does it matter which lot ? After how many terms did you start getting bills ? I'm almost at the end of my second and I didn't get any.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 80 (7,089 Views)

★★ Apprentice

That’s just the lot I was on to be honest. I’m on my third term and have had bills every term. I’m having to cheat money to be able to keep the power on 

Message 3 of 80 (7,082 Views)

Hero
@Tles30 OK. Let's see if anyone else has this.

Thanks for the feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 80 (7,079 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This happened to me as well, I was playing the pre-made Best of Friends household in the Britechester dorm and I got a bill of 3000 simoleons.

Message 5 of 80 (7,075 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me. Live in the Drake Hall and was asked to pay bills of 2500 simoleons in the second semester which my sim can’t afford.

Message 6 of 80 (7,016 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same thing happened to me was at the start of my second term and got a bill for over $4000. At Foxbury institute in the tidal tower. 

Message 7 of 80 (7,000 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also encountering this problem. I didn't run into this till I was in the Drake dorm during my last term, $3800 simoleans due on bills. I just had to cheat money to pay it off since I didn't want it impacting my savings for that particular sim (she's been saving up so she could get a nice place after graduation).

I tried it without mods, still have bills due, as well

Message 8 of 80 (6,987 Views)

★★ Guide

Same thing, although just once, not every week.

My sims are twins and they moved to Drake Hall from the household that still has their parents. A couple of days into the first term and they suddenly got bills for about 3000. I wanted to test if it was a mixed message aimed to the parents or something, since didn't believe that the dorms would get bills, but the electricity definitely went off, so I paid the bills and got them back. 

Unlike many others here, I did not get the bills more than that one time. The twins graduated just now (full schedule, so three terms) and those were the only bills they got.

Message 9 of 80 (6,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrictTles30 I am affected by this, they cut off the power and asked me to pay 8000 simoleons. I cheated my money just to get rid of it, I couldn't do anything in my dorm

Message 10 of 80 (6,927 Views)