[FIXED] [DU] NPCs stuck as "Graduate" after graduation after moving in/playing

by desertrose0601

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] NPC Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation after mov

★ Guide
@Proteus42 Same, except my Angela has a B+ GPA.
Message 71 of 137 (2,981 Views)

Re: Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue but I play on xbox. Is there a different way you might know about to help me get my sim to graduate!?

Message 72 of 137 (2,867 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] NPC Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation after mov

★★★★★ Newbie

Sane situation.... Has this been resolved?

Message 73 of 137 (2,776 Views)

Re: Sims discovery bug with npc and non played homes

★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you so much! This worked for me! I had my Sim marry an NPC sim. It said that he graduated, but didn't have the degree trait. I was able to add the trait and remove the "university career".
Message 74 of 137 (2,715 Views)

My sims' degree didn't help their job

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim complete a degree at either university
What happens when the bug occurs? The earned degree does not apply to the job my sim gets after graduating.
What do you expect to see? My sim should start careers that correspond with the degree earned at university at a higher level
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims earn degrees at university and then when that apply for a job that corresponds with the degree they earned, they don't receive any bonus or automatic promotions.

Message 75 of 137 (2,709 Views)

Re: My sims' degree didn't help their job

★ Pro
@madry1216 Wait until your Class Schedule gets cleared (6-6:30 pm the next day) and then try it again (career selection panel should now mention degree benefits). May not work if you switched household while studying.
Message 76 of 137 (2,675 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@kusurusu My sims got her job two days after she graduated. There was not a notification symbol for degree benefits next to the job. I used the jobs panel to select my career.
Message 77 of 137 (2,659 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@madry1216 
You would need to wait until the degree shows up under their traits. Then choose a job highlighted in red.
If your mods were in place when you graduated and took the job they may have impacted the outcome.

Try removing (not disabling) mods / cc and delete the localthumbcache.package and any other cache files.
Test the game to see if quitting the job and rejoining the career will let you join at a higher level.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

Science Job with Degree

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 78 of 137 (2,635 Views)

Hero
@madry1216 There's several issues with degrees going on so a few questions:

- Did you play the Sim at the time of graduation and do you have the actual degree showing in your Sim Panel ?
- Do you just see scientist in the career panel or also the higher levels directly ? Could you scroll through all the available jobs to see if there's anything else that applies to scientist ?
- Do you actually still have classes showing up in your panel as shown on your picture ?
- Do you receive the higher career levels for the other two careers (astronaut and engineer) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 79 of 137 (2,601 Views)

Re: Sims discovery bug with npc and non played homes

★★★★ Novice

How did you do it? I tried the cheat and the mod suggested nothing happened 

Message 80 of 137 (2,665 Views)