Re: [FIXED] [DU] NPC Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation after mov

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] NPC Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation after mov

★★★ Novice

It's been 6 months since the expansion release and the problem is still there.
I have several sims that were inactive when they were supposed to graduate (I play multiple families) and they're stuck with 12 credits out of 12 with no further progress.
All Uni NPC's I moved in with also have this bug present. 

Some people suggest mods and cheats to deal with the issue, but I never used any and don't want to start just because there's no patch to fix it.
Very frustarting.

Message 131 of 137 (2,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just want to say that I still have this problem as well. I think it is a huge loss that my sim can meet someone at uni, fall in love, graduate, and attempt to have their uni lover move in but the lover does not have degree and can’t even fix it. Smh

Message 132 of 137 (1,954 Views)

★★ Novice

I got the same problem, NPC Sim, now in my household, and found at least the following: with testing cheats you can shift-click the sim and university debug: enroll. Unfortunately you can't use the degree that way, but at least get a new one. 

Message 133 of 137 (1,752 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [FIXED] [DU] NPC Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation after mov

Hero

Student Sims will no longer be labeled as Graduate after completing the Graduation Ceremony. Congratulations!

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Please be aware that this fix most probably doesn't affect already bugged NPCs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 134 of 137 (11,552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I believe MCC mod was the only thing that worked for me. I also moved in an NPC and they had the 12/12 courses but they "couldn't enroll in courses at this time" and couldn't receive the career bonus. I clicked on the NPC turned player and opened the MCC command centre menu. Go to MC cheats>Cheat sim info>expansion cheats>University cheats>Graduate now>confirm graduation for selected sim with current degree, perfect GPA..Yes.

I immediately got the notification that the NPC has graduated and the ceremony would be held in a couple of days. The sim got the degree they completed as an NPC and had all the advancement/perks in that degree. The job panel reset and the NPC sim can now enroll again in a new degree. So far, knock on wood, this has not negatively affected my game.

Message 135 of 137 (1,633 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [DU] NPCs stuck as "Graduate" after graduation after movin

★ Apprentice

I have this problem... kind of. I moved in Angela Pleasant, she got the career bonus and the art history degree trait, but she's still enrolled in university with 12/12 classes completed, and no diploma. Since she still has the benefits of the degree (I think they get the benefits when they finish their last term and not when they attend/skip graduation) It still bugs me that it shows up in her career panel, and she can't re-enroll for a new degree. So I guess the bug was sort of fixed but not really?

Message 136 of 137 (1,356 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [DU] NPCs stuck as "Graduate" after graduation after movin

Community Manager
Hi @Zitiache,

It sounds similar but it'd be best to open a new report for this by filling out the bug report template. Could you pop open a new bug report for this please? I'll close off this thread here as this bug was patched in June and to limit necroposting.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 137 of 137 (1,333 Views)