Re: My sims' degree didn't help their job

by madry1216

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict This is the second time I've experienced this happening, but I think I might just start a new game and have a sim attend university to see if the issue happens again. If it does I'll either report back to this thread or try to get a hold of you on Twitter.
Message 91 of 137 (1,177 Views)

Hero
@madry1216 It will happen with any NPCs that's at Uni if it's the issue I linked above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 137 (1,169 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict This was the first time I've added an NPC and had the issue, but if it's a known glitch, I just won't rely on them having a degree any more. In the past my issue has always been with my own sim whom has completed alll 12 college credit and graduated. When they move out of college housing and into a cheap apartment or home I make them apply for a job, but the degree that they possess is never applied to any job. I'll be sure to get a screen shot of that in my next game if it happens again. This time I have an idea of what you need to see.
Message 93 of 137 (1,151 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] NPC Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation after mov

★ Apprentice
@drayship1423 This worked for me, thank you!
Message 94 of 137 (1,245 Views)

Hero
@madry1216 There's always the possibility to enter at entry level as well as higher levels. Make sure to scroll down. There should be an another career you can join but it's not called scientist but whatever the branch is you're entring.

Basically this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Biology-degree-not-applied-towards-Conserv...

That was mainly why I wanted your save cause I'm unsure if it's a misunderstanding or really a bug. To me it currently sounds like it's the NPCs bug you had for the scientist and the other could be the misunderstanding from the other thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 95 of 137 (1,118 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrictOn console v1.20 it's not even possible to join at a low level (via career selection menu - celebs still get offers) if your degrees cover both branches (or in case of GTW & Acting the only one).

Message 96 of 137 (1,105 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu The scientist is probably the NPC issue. Haven't played drama, does that not fall into that category ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 97 of 137 (1,093 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Drama is no different than any other degree. If done right your sim should join Entertainer (Comedy), Social Media (Internet Personality) or Actor (only option) at level 6-8.
Message 98 of 137 (1,130 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu Guess i worded that badly.

Is the lower level offered for Social media ? If so, I'm guessing that's the whole issue here as in the other thread I linked.

If the career only covers one branch, it should be offered Social Media level 1 and Internet Personality, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 99 of 137 (1,124 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Correct! Lower level (base) is only offered here if you don't have both communications and drama degree.
Message 100 of 137 (1,112 Views)