Re: My sims' degree didn't help their job

by madry1216

Original Post

Re: Sims discovery bug with npc and non played homes

Hero
@stephjovi740 Which cheat did you use ? The graduate one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 137 (1,722 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EuphorialQueen That is something I tried. When my mods were in I tried to get the job. When the benefits of the degree were not received, I quit, removed my mods, deleted localthumbcache and ran a game repair while my mods were out then restarted still without my mods. I had my sim quit her career and then when I tried rejoining the career I still had to start the career on level one.
Message 82 of 137 (1,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict - The picture I included was my sim's husband's degree and job status. My female sim has a degree in drama, which does show up in her Simology panel, but still she had to start her social media job at level one. Her husband's physics degree was in his job panel and he also started at level 1 of his scientist career  Yes, I did play the sim with the drama degree at the time of graduation.

- There was nothing in the career panel telling me that any of the careers would be affected by the degree that my sim possessed.

-There is no classes in my female sim's panel (drama degree) but the picture showed her husband's degree under class schedule in the career panel.

-No. I tried joining the engineer career first for the sim with the physics degree and when he ddn't receive the benefits in that career, I had him quit and join the scientist career and he started level one in that career too.

Message 83 of 137 (1,628 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 137 (1,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@madry1216Let me guess ...
Wife: you selected base career instead of branch (additional green icon, red benefit text)
Husband: for some reason he didn't get his degree (simology) and now is stuck with a completed major in his job panel (it should disappear 24h after receiving final grades) - you just said you did control the drama sim (wife) in the relavant phase but what about your future scientist?

p.s. Acting career mentions no benefits even though you start at a higher level (6-8) with drama degree

Message 85 of 137 (1,614 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@kusurusu I did not control the scientist. They met in the dorms and got married after she graduated. I never had options to select a branch in either of the sim's career fields. The drama degree sim is in the social media career, not the acting career.

Message 86 of 137 (1,591 Views)

Hero
@madry1216 Does the scientist have a proper degree showing in Sims Panel ? There is a bug with the NPCs graduating and it sounds like that's your issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 87 of 137 (1,654 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I would gladly share the save, but I have no idea how to do that. Step by step directions would greatly help me. Also, I have since added my mods/cc back into my game and I advanced my drama sim's career using MCCC and I chose the public relations branch of her career instead of the internet personality branch. The Scientist is no longer in the household.
Message 88 of 137 (1,653 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict His degree showed in the career panel (shown in the pic above).) He was an NPC while he was at university.
Message 89 of 137 (1,652 Views)

Hero

@madry1216 If he's no longer in the household, it's a bit hard to replicate the issue. That first picture shows him still in class. There shouldn't be any class after he graduated which is why you probably saw this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-NPC-Sim-stuck-as-quot-Graduate-quot-after-graduation/m...

This is where the degree should be showing

degree.JPG

And no more classes in your schedule.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 90 of 137 (1,631 Views)