Re: Sims discovery bug with npc and non played homes

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PoisonMookie Had this happen, but noticed one of the pre-made roomies that came packed with the game was moved out for one reason or another. Figured I'd put her back in but couldn't because apparently she 'graduated' and had a high level job. She didn't have a diploma or graduation photo at all in her inventory. Thought she might still needed to graduation, but nothing came up or on the calendar.
Message 21 of 137 (29,121 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem... My sim moved in with his lover from University but he is stuck in that graduate state with no diploma so he has no career perks or anything Frown

Message 22 of 137 (29,080 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue. My sim had another sim move in with her. Stated that he graduated, doesn’t get advancements in careers, game still thinks he’s enrolled. I’ve tried cheats. I’ve repaired my game, I removed my mods folder and it’s still the same.

Message 23 of 137 (29,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same!

My sim graduated and had been dating one of his NPC roommates.

He moved out and then later got married to the NPC and she moved in and is stuck listed as finished with 12 classes and unable to either graduate or enroll no matter what I try and doesn't have a degree or the associated career bonus.

The only mod I have installed is MCCC. 

Message 24 of 137 (29,026 Views)

Sims discovery bug with npc and non played homes

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except realm and vampire.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By marrying a npc or another sim that you put in college but may not be your main.
What happens when the bug occurs? The degree is stating stuck under class for npc that went to college. If you marry them, they are unable to use that degree nor apply for college again. The sim was form a previous household that I no longer play but went to college before I left that household. She gained a b and it shows completed but worthless
What do you expect to see? Just like my current sim, the ability to apply for college again and the degree impact the career
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

File too big 

Message 25 of 137 (29,014 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Experimented some more with this and I think it happens to NPCs that go to Uni and finish. Traits are just not added/removed ast they should

I was able to fix mine (don't know yet if there's any long term negative effects)

You need one cheat to add the degree (this should enable you to get the bonus) and another to get rid of that stuck Uni thing in the career tab.

You'll find a list of all degree cheats on Carl's Site here: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/cheats.php

just add the one you want. (make sure to put testing cheats first)

To remove the stuck 'career' use the following cheat

careers.remove_career University_BaseCareer

There might be side effects so backup your saves and do at your own risk

He still can't enroll for more course though. Need to find out what's responsible for that.

@desertrose0601

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 137 (28,961 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have actually tested using this cheat on the NPC-turned-household member and it did not work. Until EA fixes this bug, I think we’re toast.
Message 27 of 137 (28,940 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@desertrose0601 Did you put testingcheats first ? It worked fine for me. Just can't enroll for more classes, otherwise it's fine

That university.graduate cheat someone else posted did also give me the degree but didn't remove the calls or let me enroll in more classes

EDIT: I stand corrected. it took a moment but now he's fine. So seems that cheat should do it. .. but you'll need a mod

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 137 (28,934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrictI didn’t use any mods, but yes I put in testingcheats and tried multiple times to give this character the degree and it never took. Did you test it on a formerly NPC character? I think that’s where the issue is stemming from. The character I made from scratch in CAS never had any issues graduating.

Message 29 of 137 (28,926 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Honestly I don’t really even care at this point. I just had my Sim break up with her college boyfriend and marry Santa Claus instead. Easy peasy. 😂
Message 30 of 137 (28,924 Views)