Sims 4 University

by Tasianm

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation

★★★★ Apprentice

I have a similar problem. I moved in a sim who attended graduation with my sim.  I moved him in after the ceremony and once I moved my sim off campus. He had the graduation buff but he still had his classes listed and has 6 of 12 credits done. It does not display requirements for his classes (term paper or presentation) so I have to just click the university menu to see of he needs to do anything. He doesn't have a diploma or photo either. I do have some updated mods installed.

Message 11 of 137 (9,934 Views)

Re: Sim stuck as "Graduate" after graduation

Hero
@PoisonMookie Did you move them in before or after graduation ? Did your Sim live in a regular world or campus ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 137 (9,925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrictI moved them in after my sims graduation once they had moved to San Myshuno. They moved back after the "packing up" event. Previous to this my sim had lived in the small house on the UBrite campus. I'm not sure where they other Sim had lived exactly but it was definitely one of the halls on the same campus.

Also just so you know I've never had mods installed so it can't be anything to do with that. 

Message 13 of 137 (9,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have the same bug in a different way. My sim married a sim who had completed their 12 credits but had not graduated yet and is perpetually stuck as "Graduated" but can't graduate. If there was a way to force graduation or even remove their progress so far (I don't mind re-taking it) that would help. I've saved more times than backups at this point and can't roll back, and I'm using mods.

UPDATE: after a bunch of looking around, I was able to follow Carls Sims 4 Guide's DU page under "University Cheats (Requires Mod)" and used the All Cheats Mod's University.Graduate cheat and the Graduation Tomorrow notification popped up immediately. At the end of graduation, the sim returned home and the game crashed. I followed @crinrict's instructions here using MCCC (the most up-to-date version!) to delete then re-add their marriage and that seems to have fixed it so far! No more crashes, and my sim has his degree and level 8 career at this point. Bit of a journey but hopefully that helps someone!

Message 14 of 137 (9,876 Views)

Hero
Tagging @desertrose0601 to see that workaround.

Thanks @xpeachsweettea

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 137 (9,849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@desertrose0601 It really is frustrating. The two sims were a great match relationshipwise and I've just had to boot him out the game Frown 

@crinrict So just thought I'd mention, I was able to apply for universities again once I used the debug enrol in university via testingcheats. And was able to get my Sim to go back to university by applying and then enroling using the debug again a second time. However the Sim has now been at university for a few days and nothing appears to have triggered a graduation. I'm going to hop back on later to see what will happen on Mon/Tue when term usually starts as they've only been there over the weekend at this point. 

Edit: just saw the above post. Thank you!! @xpeachsweettea 

Message 16 of 137 (9,830 Views)

★★ Novice
@xpeachsweettea This mod worked super easy (im also scared of mods) so thank you so much!!! i was getting a bit sad because of the bug
Message 17 of 137 (9,790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same bug. I moved in a fellow student who is stuck with the "This Sim has Graduated. No more Terms to attend." for days. I moved him in after she graduated with her second degree, so I know enough time has passed. I'm not sure what to do to trigger anything either, but not being able to get the high level career is definitely annoying! There must be a way other than mods to force graduation? Hopefully a fix is found soon, but just wanted to let you know you aren't alone!

UPDATE: I tried the mod as @xpeachsweettea suggested (via Carl's guide) and it worked! Triggered graduation and then he went, few sim hours (or next day?) later he got his diploma and the stuck "has graduated no more terms" message vanished! woo hoo! It's a simple mod to download, and you literally just write the "University.Graduate" in the cheat window. No extra clicks or anything. So happy!

UPDATE 2: after quitting and reloading, my game will no longer work. I get an error message stating "The game failed to load. Error Code: 102:6eee24dd4:4e6f578f. It is recommended that you relaunch the game." I've quit, ensured all mods were off, deleted them from folder, repaired the game, restarted, and nothing. Thankfully I can go to the bin and upload the family, but I cannot play any household. I'm going to try a new game and adding them and seeing if that works.

UPDATE 3: what great fun! After doing more research on the forums I came across this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Game-failed-to-load-Error-code-102-c4caa9ed-eeb17472/t... which states that my error message is from a HOLIDAY glitch. & seeing as I was in the middle of Christmas when this happened, it makes sense. I loaded a townie family and it has loaded fine so far... finished the holiday and loaded my family and they're still glitched. going to try to remove and move in... Evicted and moved back in and error message. next step is to do a new game with them... Okay! I was able to upload them and then start a new game and place them.They no longer have a relationship but that was easily fixable with cheats. So I think I'm back on track.... this was several hours of nonsense all for a glitch where the townie wouldn't actually graduate! 

Message 18 of 137 (9,765 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@NikiAudacious Sad! Yes I believe this is a genuine game bug that EA needs to fix. I’m not going to try using these mods either as it seems a lot of people have problems with them. For now, I’m going to just avoid bringing in NPCs from university into my household until they fix this issue.
Message 19 of 137 (9,742 Views)

Sims 4 University

★★ Novice

When I try to move a sim who went to university with me into my household, they’re stuck on the mode ‘this sim has graduated. no more terms to attend’ and cant get any of the job benefits?

Message 20 of 137 (9,493 Views)