[FIXED] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

by rottenmeier

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue with my sim in the education career. It works in one of my save files and not the other. There is no education option (or sub panel) under the career tab when you click on the computer. Does not appear when going to use a different computer on different lot or when quiting and rejoining the career.

Message 61 of 73 (2,425 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having the same problem with the filing documents as well in my sims Law career 

Message 62 of 73 (2,361 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

★★ Novice

I had the same issue however, I managed to do it. I went to the Brichester Commons and found the uni building next to the university housing and when I clicked on it, it gave me options to visit the law class and guest speak. It's the same as you do when you sit in on a class at the university Standard smile

Message 63 of 73 (2,349 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have a single sim, Level 7 Promising Prosecutor who was tasked as Work from Home to Soccer ball File Court Documents, and Football Meet Prospective Client. Football was easily satisfied, but task Soccer ball File Court Documents, is not available on laptop, desktop, or the research machine. 

Based on quick review of peoples' comments, this seems to always be an issue with the File Court Documents task... very disappointed EA has not yet patched this, as it seems like it should be an easy fix. 

Message 64 of 73 (2,303 Views)

Re: Law Career Glitch?

★★ Novice
@zriseon3 I think I figured this one out... First, click on another sim and have a friendly introduction. After that, click the sim again and choose friendly. The 'meet prospective client' should be there. I did this on a complete stranger so idk if it'll work when you try it on family. Hope this helps Standard smile
Message 65 of 73 (2,248 Views)

★★ Novice

I've uploaded a mod to temporarily fix the missing "File Court Documents" option to Nexusmods.

I think the proper fix should be to stop issuing the assignment to rank 5 lawyers and above, but unlocking the computer interaction was simpler, and it means you can complete any existing assignment.

Message 66 of 73 (2,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sim is also having this problem. I have chosen the law career, he is currently a File Clerk Soccer ball and the action on the computer Career-Law Career-file court documents, is not giving me progress on my daily tasks.

I am playing on an American version of the game. 

Message 67 of 73 (2,126 Views)

File Court Documents has disappeared

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Seasons, Cat's and dogs, City living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, my first pet, romantic garden stuff, movie hangout stuff, holiday celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim who is an attorney and select the work from home option.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game asks me to "File Court Documents," however the prompt has disappeared from all of the computers.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to complete my work from home tasks instead of getting reprimanded by my virtual boss.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There's not really anything else to say. I can't do my work from home task, because the objective has disappeared from the computers. Please fix thanks!

Message 68 of 73 (2,063 Views)

Re: Work from home task not doable

★★★★ Apprentice

Just adding another issue with the Judge branch.  When you have to visit law school or guest speak, your Sim will go to leave the house but never actually leave.  So you complete the job task, but you haven’t left home.  

Message 69 of 73 (1,964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same problem as the original post, it seems it's not fixed after almost an year, they even create a fix on nexusmod but no official fix yet Frown

The problem is very simple: the interaction became unavailable at law career rank 5 -or 6, I can't remember- and further, but still appears as daily task from time to time when working from home.
It appears the issue it's indipendent from other mods, packages or game versions, it's just they decided to pop up random tasks regardless their feasibility.

Fix on nexususmod (mod relesead on 31 july 2020) : Snip

@crinrict:
 I guess this problem could be merged with other ones related to the option "work from home" of other careers because they are all caused by the same problem: a task that is not yet -or not anymore- feasible because the interaction is locked on certain career ranks.

CM Edit: Please do not link to 3rd party mods on AHQ

Message 70 of 73 (1,915 Views)