Re: [OPEN] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

by Sylvaton

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

Hero
@Simmerlover23ng Just trying to figure out if it's an issue of the option not longer showing up or actually the one where the task still shows up although you should not longer/not yet be promoted to do it.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 73 (4,112 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have no ideaaa. Let me know if you figure it out. I’m going to try to continue the career without doing the daily task. Hopefully, this works. I loveee the law career and my Sim has come a long way lol. I don’t want to put her in another career.
Message 42 of 73 (4,086 Views)

Hero
@Simmerlover23ng I think it should be doable without. If not, you can always cheat promote which would be more of a bug fixing cheat than actually cheating

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 73 (4,079 Views)

★★ Novice

Did anyone ever figure this out? I’m having this problem at the Adept Attorney level. “File court documents” isn’t showing up under Career > Law Career on the computer, whereas it used to be. 

Message 44 of 73 (4,023 Views)

Lawyer Career bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Pets, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Laundry Day stuff, Bowling night stuff , Cool kitchen stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Finish university and get to level 6 Law career
What happens when the bug occurs? Working from home task unavailable from computer, I need to File court documents but the only options under law are Take the Lawyers exam, Attend a deposition and File a legal motion.
What do you expect to see? The File legal documents task in the law section on the computer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Working from home task unavailable from computer, I need to File court documents but the only options under law are Take the Lawyers exam, Attend a deposition and File a legal motion. 

I have been able to complete this task on previous levels of the career and I have already taken and passed the lawyer exam so that shouldn't be there anymore. 

Message 45 of 73 (3,992 Views)

Re: Lawyer Career bug

★★★ Novice
@Paulina23232 I’m on level 10 of the law career now. I didn’t use cheats. I just skipped the daily task where it would ask for me to file court documents. I just made sure to do everything else like getting the research and debate skill to 10. I didn’t do the offer legal representation either. It just took too long to get it completed. So, basically I did everything but the daily task once it started bugging. Hope this helps!
Message 46 of 73 (3,970 Views)

★★★ Novice
@katelinwdavis I’m on level 10 of the law career now. I didn’t use cheats. I just skipped the daily task where it would ask for me to file court documents. I just made sure to do everything else like getting the research and debate skill to 10. I didn’t do the offer legal representation either. It just took too long to get it completed. So, basically I did everything but the daily task once it started bugging. Hope this helps!
Message 47 of 73 (3,970 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m at level 8 (Judge) — Gavel Smasher — and neither of my daily tasks are available. One is “Guest Speak at University about Law”, which I’m given to understand won’t be available until level 9; and the other is “Visit University Law Class”, which apparently is an unlock for the Lawyer branch instead. I love these work from home careers, but they need some serious debugging. 

Message 48 of 73 (3,860 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Visit University Law Class is an option on the phone's Career panel. It's only available at certain times. My judge has it right now at 8:35 am, so it probably unlocks at 8:00 or 8:30. She is also a Gavel Smasher (level 8). It's also an option on the UBrite class buildings but not on the Foxbury class buildings. It was still available at 5:25pm.

I haven't found a way to complete Guest Speak at University about Law at level 8, but my Sim doesn't have it as her work-from-home task.

Message 49 of 73 (3,821 Views)

★ Pro

Not sure when this was fixed. I have game version 1.62.69.1220

Both my Judge and Private Attorney now seem to be able to complete their tasks. 

Tasks are on the phone, the computer and the research machine.

Message 50 of 73 (3,673 Views)