Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

by Duhgirl2u2

Original Post

Re: Law: Option to sort file doesn't show up on Computer

★★★★ Novice
@Kazuzi3 Thank you for your post! But that is so frustrating and maddening that the Guest Lecture at University task UNLOCKS at level 9 of the Law career, but it appears in your Sim's tasks before you even get promoted to that level. I hope EA is creating a fix for this bug asap. :-(
Message 21 of 73 (2,922 Views)

Hero
@ImaginaryWhisper That sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Law-Task-showing-before-doable/td-p/8439452

Currently keeping that separate. Make sure to click me too on that one too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 73 (2,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the same issue I am having. So I am only receiving half of the work from home pay because I am unable to complete the task of guest speaking at the university either by clicking the classroom or the phone. I am so annoyed by it.... that I Google searched it. Frown 

Message 23 of 73 (2,849 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Me too.  I was able to "File Court Documents" Up to career level 5.  My sim is still receiving this task at and past career level 5 but the option on the computer to file the court documents has disappeared.  It also doesn't seem to exist by:  Research machine, phone, or clicking on the sim.

Message 24 of 73 (2,796 Views)

★★★ Novice

Had the same problem. First I tried repairing the game but then I figured out, its because of the computer model. This option does not appear on all PCs for some reason.
I switched to the one for 1.440 simoleons (I have the game on German, so I don't know what the model is called in English) and it worked afterwards. The option for "occasional jobs" also appeared.

Message 25 of 73 (2,761 Views)

Lawyer work from home assignments unable to complete

★ Novice

Level 7 & level 8 of the law career track asks you to file court cases and guest speak at a university about law. There is no option to do either of these tasks on the computer or otherwise. I have tried completing these tasks both within normal working hours and outside of normal working hours. 

Message 26 of 73 (2,756 Views)

Re: Lawyer work from home assignments unable to complete

Hero
@appleriverrain Merged your post with current bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 73 (2,742 Views)

★★ Novice
@Duhgirl2u2 I am having this same problem. Glad I'm not the only one.
Message 28 of 73 (2,655 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello

Im not sure if I should start a new Topic.

I have the same problem. But for me it is not only the Law Career but also the Education Career.

For the law career I get the task to file court files (no idea what exactly the formulation is in english) that task was possible for a while but since my sim got promoted it is not available on the Computer anymore. I like some of the others had this chance card with the courrupted judge. No idea if that has somekind of influence.

But I also have the problem in the education career. Everything was fine until my sim got promoted to professor. Now she gets the task to prepare lecture. Which does not appear at the computer.

Message 29 of 73 (2,571 Views)

Hero
@Paradies100 New thread would be best.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 73 (2,562 Views)