Re: Law: Option to sort file doesn't show up on Computer

by Kazuzi3

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue with the "File Court Documents" option not appearing in the Law Career sub-menu or computer/laptop. I have the career item needed cannot do the work from home task.

Message 11 of 73 (37,219 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I'm currently having the same problem. 

I've just started the career and my first work from home assignment is to guest lecture in law at the university. It say's the option should be on my phone or clicking on a classroom. I've done both and the option just isn't there. There was an option to visit the law class, so I did this from my phone and the classroom to see whether that worked, but it didn't. 

My Sim hasn't even been to work yet and this is his first assignment to get ahead in his new career, and he can't complete it. 

I got my Sim to go to the university, the option wasn't on the classroom for him to guest lecture. So I waited until 5pm to see whether it had to be when the guest lectures were on. But all that happened was the paid guest lectures appeared for him to attend. There was no option for him to be the guest lecturer.

I've tried multiple way's to solve this. Bought the research machine to see whether there was something on there. Tried the options on my phone and classroom to visit the law class (the only new option currently showing), but none of these things work. He's visited the law class twice, both from the phone and the classroom and it hasn't fulfilled the work from home assignment. 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 12 of 73 (37,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue with not being able to guest lecture. I have tried at various times of day at both universities and the option is not there. I also tried the visit a law class option and it did not complete the task. The option to complete it is just not there even though I'm at level 8 of the career (judge/gavel smasher) and am at level 7 of the research and debate skill.

Edit: according to thesimscommunity guide to the Law Career, the guest lecture interaction is only unlocked at level 9 of the judge career, so it absolutely is a problem with the game itself.

Message 13 of 73 (37,128 Views)

Law Career Glitch?

★★★ Newbie

Hey There... I tried searching the forums/web for this problem and couldn't find anything close to this issue.  My Sim is in the Law Career.  He reported a dirty judge and was demoted, and now the option to "File Court Documents" is gone from the Law career sub-menu, which means he can't complete that work from home activity.  The 'offer legal representation' task takes FOREVER (i got 6 new clients and only 50% complete on that task) so i'd much rather focus on work from home activities instead.  

Any help would be appreciated! 

Message 14 of 73 (37,144 Views)

Re: Law Career Glitch?

Hero
@megnface I merged your post with the law work from home tasks not working properly although your situation is a bit different.

What happens if you cheat-demote the Sim one further down and then back up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 73 (37,107 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think I "fixed" it but I kind of goosed it to get there.

Issue Recap:

• Law career going well.
  • Asked if I want to report corrupt judge.
  • Of course I reported the corrupt judge.
  • Got demoted.
  • Told to complete "File Court Documents".
  • "File Court Documents" not found on computer career options or on research computer.

My work-around:

• Cheat promote to pick lawyer or judge (level 8?)
  • Still get "File Court Documents" prompt
  • Quit job.
  • Quit game.
  • Repair game.
  • Log back in.
  • Apply for job (I went with the personal lawyer branch).
  • "File Court Documents" no longer a task requirement.

Not sure if this fixes it in the long term. I'll update if it doesn't. Kind of sucks though that I had cheat promote. I like the work of earning things like promotions.

Message 16 of 73 (37,000 Views)

★★ Novice

I was first given the task "File Court Document" and the court document was there but no option to file it and then it completely disappeared from the inventory. Can't find it any where. So I quit the career and start again. This time I'm told "Meet Potential Client" it says to click on a sim and under law career I should be able to do this and that sub menu doesn't appear. This whole career seems to be broken.

Message 17 of 73 (36,959 Views)

Make Rulings not counting toward daily task

★★★ Novice

As a gavel smasher my Sims daily task is to make rulings, yet when I do this it still says not started. Anyone else have this issue or know how to work around it?

Message 18 of 73 (36,898 Views)

Re: Make Rulings not counting toward daily task

Hero
@soundrunner04 I merged your post with the work from home task not working for law.

They do seem a bit bugged.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 73 (36,872 Views)

Re: Make Rulings not counting toward daily task

★★★★ Apprentice
@soundrunner04 That happened to me, too. It still says 0% unless you actually complete the task and then it shows as complete. So if you somehow didn't complete the make rulings task when you originally started it, you have to start it all over again in order for it to count.
Message 20 of 73 (36,803 Views)