Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Inappropriate relationships with room mates

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: everything MINUS Get Together, and Cats and Dogs Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Dine out Stuff Packs: Toddlers, Vintage Glam, Luxury Party, Holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? it requires specifically Discover University, if you make a family (parents with children), remove at least ONE from the house hold into their own house hold, and then add them as a roommate to your house. I have not tested this with apartments or dorms, but I believe its all around something that was just over looked in the mechanics. my exact steps are as follows: SHIFT+CLICK the characters and remove them from house hold, then have a member still in the house hold ask them to be a roommate, if all goes well they should say yes, and you wait to see how they interact.
What happens when the bug occurs? the roommate(s) flirt with EACH OTHER when they are related! like parent-child, sibling-sibling
What do you expect to see? just living like a normal family, you know... not flirting with their mother, or each other??
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

look, I think this was just a matter over looked when the mechanics were set up. However the roommates addition is some how messing with the game system, and instead of acting as if you've moved out children from home, (and are now thus, a separate house hold) and following the no incest rule the game comes with, the system is ignoring this factor and treating everyone on an equal (and disturbing) playing field.

I have CC, BUT any possible flags that could alter the game to allow incest are turned off because its gross. AND someone else also said they were having the same issue. They did not post a bug report, but I feel like this is important to mention. I did not see another report nor find another listing on the forums about this matter.

I believe it has something to do with a hidden trait the roommate can acquire that makes them flirty? either way, I removed the children and added them as roommates, because I wanted to focus on the youngest sibling but still wanted them to live in the house without me needing to watch everything they do. I was NOT expecting my elderly MOTHER sim to be flirted with, by her son....

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Roommate-Public-Affection-Trait/m-p/8505034

here is the link to the second person who also had this problem, I don't know if they have any CC or what general information they have for their game set up.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (2,260 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Young adult roommates try to romance Teen sims

Hero

Fixed an issue in which removing and adding back Household members as Roommates
would create some… inappropriate moments, ahem.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (1,620 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 4 Roommate RELATIVES

Hero
@Fuscontidox Does the age group matter ? There's this bug that's along the same lines: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Roomate-blows-kisses-to-toddler/m-p/8778239 but that was specifically to age groups, not just relationships.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (2,212 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict I actually am not sure, I haven't tested it that far, as far as I know on my end it only breaks the no incest logic of the game. if I catch it happening to add anything more to this matter I will update further.
Message 3 of 11 (2,129 Views)

Hero
@Fuscontidox It looks like this is a separate issue along the same lines.

So keeping this as separate issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,103 Views)

Re: Sims autonomously using romantic socials on everyone

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

My sim Raina had just proposed to Annabel and Annabel went and made out with Raina's stepmother!!! Who is happily married to Angela Pleasant. I just caught my sim January's husband randomly making out with a roommate. Fortunately, January, who is pregnant with twins, is outside sleeping on a bench (this is not punishment, she loves the outdoors and needed to go out so two birds lol)... 

Free Love is NOT a current NAP but I'm guessing that it is somehow to blame for this. 

I've also had them flirting randomly, blowing kisses... oddly it doesn't seem to build romantic relationship but it DOES make their partners deeply upset lol 

ETA: This is happening to me in a dorm. So it's not specific to Evergreen Harbor. 

Message 5 of 11 (2,008 Views)

★★ Guide

Dorms are a specific case - NPC roommates can and will flirt with sims as they see fit if they're running the "wooing" situation roommates occasionally do.

Message 6 of 11 (1,975 Views)

Hero
@JulietJuly22 I moved your post over to the room mate issue @Bra1nBlast3d mentioned.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (1,954 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks! FYI I had it happen within my household for the first time and it was between YA twin sisters. However, with this one incident the sister rebuffed the other one and they lost some friendship. 

Message 8 of 11 (1,926 Views)

Young adult roommates try to romance Teen sims

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all bar Vampires, Spa Day, Moschino Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing as a Teen sim in apartments with young adult roommates
What happens when the bug occurs? Young Adult sims us the romance action 'serenade' on Teen sims
What do you expect to see? Young Adult sims not using romance actions on Teen sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Happened both before and after June patch.

Edit By Crinrict: Renmoved tag

Message 9 of 11 (1,955 Views)

Re: Young adult roommates try to romance Teen sims

[ Edited ]
Hero

@238016 Apartments as in CL apartments or is this evergreen harbor ?

If second, do you have the romance NAP ?

NVM. I was under the impression this bug was for dorms only but it's generally room mates.

Hence merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,949 Views)