Re: [OPEN] [DU] ICYA Chest Inventory Locked After Moving

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I just want to add that when DU first came out, I had no issue with the ICYA chest, even after moving several times. It's only been recently (since I installed TLS) that the chest isn't working. I switched over to the game I had been playing with DU and both ICYA chests in the house still work fine. I've moved that family twice: once with the ICYA chests in my sim's personal inventory to another house in the same world (Brindleton Bay), then a second time with the chests in the household inventory to another world (San Myshuno). Both moves, both chests worked just fine. Not only could the sim who had originally put the items in the chest access them and move them to her personal inventory, but her daughter could, as well.

When I installed TLS, I started a new game with a new sim. She lived a while in Oasis Springs and collected quite the collection of collectables, which were stored in her ICYA chest when she started university. Now that she's in the dorm, I can only access the items that had been in her personal inventory then placed in the chest (which had also been in her personal inventory) after she moved. She has a cowplant berry in her ICYA chest which has the option to place in world, but she cannot put it in her inventory.

I also noticed after checking just now that her collections have reset. Prior to moving to university, she had completed both the frogs and the eggs, and gotten quite a lot of fish, metals, crystals, fossils, and elements. Now all that her collections window shows is the items that had been in her personal inventory when she moved, which were moved to the ICYA chest then back into her inventory. I noticed that the collections had been reset when I sent my first sim to university in the DU game, but I had assumed that was simply because she had moved out of her family household and created a new one, I had figured that this TLS sim (who had been a household of one already) going to university would just count as moving, and her collections would stay in tact. I don't know if the collections resetting is connected to the ICYA chest not working, I just thought I would share it since I noticed it.

I can share both save files if necessary.

Message 11 of 19 (2,473 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi, collections always reset when you move. I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but that's how it has been since I started playing more than a year ago. Also I have had problems accessing items in my Icya chests and my sims have not moved, they have bought retail stores and restaurants though. I am doing a challenge to collect every item in the game and have been using the chests to store my things in categories. It's hilariously frustrating trying to get the stuff out of my trunk full of omiscan treasures and only being able to access half of them.  

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 12 of 19 (2,422 Views)

★ Guide

Just noticed I'm having this problem as well. Really hope they get a fix for this soon. Love the concept of storing things in a separate chest/box but not if I'm not going to be able to access my things when I move. Anybody find any kind of workaround for this?

Message 13 of 19 (2,165 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The only way to avoid this is to always remember to empty your chest to your inventory before you move, and then put everything back. Otherwise it gets locked in there.

Message 14 of 19 (2,129 Views)

★★★ Novice

I having the same issue only recently. Suddenly I can't access anything in my stick box at all after moving. I Have a lot of rare collections in the boxes please hoping for a fix!

Message 15 of 19 (2,026 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The same thing happened to me after moving out of university. In the dorms, I had 2 sims, one graduated and moved out, and all of the stuff in her chest was inaccessible.

I used testingcheats to re-enroll her in university, moved back in with the other sim, and was able to take all the stuff out of the chest and put it in her inventory. I then dropped out and moved out, and I can use everything now. It isn't the most elegant solution, but it works.

Message 16 of 19 (1,976 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. I put all my options earned with aspiration points and my cloning machine in there and now I can't get them out.

Message 17 of 19 (1,897 Views)

★★ Novice

This problem is infuriating. The strange part is it didn't happen once. The one time I was able to move things out of the chest after moving was when I moved two people out of my house using the phone. I don't think I used my phone the other times (once was when my sim went to uni) so I wonder if that's where the issue starts.

Message 18 of 19 (1,804 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Fixed an issue with the ICYA Chest in which it appeared locked after Sims moved from one Household to another. My precious! Mine!

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (8,877 Views)