Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Household Inventory if filled by other sims diplomas

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Except Moschino Stuff and Realm of Magic.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I played with two young adult brothers, graduated at Foxbury, different degrees. Once gratuated, I separated them and continued to play with the male brother.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the household inventory every day appears a diploma of the sister. It stacks and cannot be deleted. I have 21 diplomas stacked. Also, when I marry/move a npc sim attended the university this sim despite says all the courses (12/12) are completed, didn't get the degree.
What do you expect to see? NPC Sims get their degree correctly and the diploma not of my sim should not appear in my household inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Household Inventory if filled by other sims diplomas.

Message 2 of 60 (6,026 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Household Inventory if filled by other sims diplomas.

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We think this issue may no longer be occurring with today's patch (version 1.60.54).

Extra diplomas should no longer be appearing in inventory.  (However, old diplomas in inventory from before patching may remain.)

Please let us know if you're still seeing extra diplomas newly appearing after updating your game.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 47 of 60 (4,998 Views)

All Replies

Diploma overload

★★★★★ Novice

So I've been playing the Sims 4 for a little bit now with the new Discover University expansion pack, but now that game keeps giving me diplomas that aren't even my sim's. The diplomas can't be sold and every time I restart me game I get two new ones! Is this suppose to happen because right now I'm on a total of 6 😱😕

PS the diplomas are for the same girl, and as you can see in the attached, my Sim is a GUY names Tyler (?!?!) 

Message 1 of 60 (5,543 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Apparently, all families gets a diploma every day. Looks like univerisity broken my savegame.

Message 3 of 60 (5,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Steinman891 Yeah, something sounds very off there.

Marking this as needs Input to see if others have that.

Could you also upload your save somewhere and PM me the link ?

Did you have anything else that's off ? Missing degrees on NPCs ? Any error messages ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 60 (5,947 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict No sorry, I can't upload the savegame, since this bug annoy me I deleted the savegame and started a new one... No error messages, nothing else.
Message 5 of 60 (5,918 Views)

Hero
@Steinman891 OK. Thanks. Then I guess, let me know if it comes back

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 60 (5,912 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Household Inventory if filled by other sims diplomas

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm having this problem, too. Was using mods, but removed them and repaired to confirm.
What happened first is my sim graduated but didn't receive the diploma. Eventually, I switched households only to find her diploma in the other households inventory. There were four. Now, multiple copies appear in whichever household I'm currently playing. Here are my saves: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1auhN45OTcXGdljLjm7Ogcv2wqbgf8LC9
LE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1whpP5iPPn5BtFqeWG5QRM2kklAH_SXec

Each diploma is a duplicate, so they're tied to that same sim who didn't receive one.

Message 7 of 60 (5,882 Views)

Hero
@janyses Thanks for the save.

What mods have you been using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 60 (5,870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I was just chatting with Euphorial Queen about this, as I am experiencing the same.  I have also been given the freelance award, but never had a freelance sim (I did have an actor, but once he enrolled, the sports scholarship made him quit it so he could play soccer).

Message 9 of 60 (5,853 Views)

Hero
@ninhead1011 Are you generally a mod user or never had any ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 60 (5,847 Views)