[FIXED] [DU] Household Inventory if filled by other sims diplomas

by Steinman891

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Household Inventory if filled by other sims diplomas

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Steinman891So your sim was still in Uni housing when they graduated? (The sim who earned the diploma that duplicates.)

Message 21 of 60 (2,634 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@janyses Of course, both under my control
Message 22 of 60 (2,497 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Then likely related somehow to off-campus homes, I just don't know what it is exactly. Trying to narrow it down so I'll know how to avoid it until it gets patched.

Message 23 of 60 (2,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@janysesThis reminds me why I usually not buy packs fresh released... It's full of bugs and glitches. And sometimes bugs never gets patched (for example, Dine Out is a bug, not a game pack)

Message 24 of 60 (2,481 Views)

Re: Diploma showing up in every household but my sim who graduated

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem. My active sim met her boyfriend at the dorm and the two of them moved into a small house near campus. She graduated just fine, but her boyfriend was put on probation and graduated later. It's his diploma that keeps spawning. It spawns in all the active households I play. Even in ones where no one has gone to univeristy.

Message 25 of 60 (2,411 Views)

Re: Diploma showing up in every household but my sim who graduated

★★ Guide

I've been dealing with the same thing.

1. I had two of my sims just visit the university for the robot contest and when they returned home it was 4 diploma's in their inventory.

2. I move a few sims out of the dorms to rent a house while attending the university and the household inventory have diploma's in.

3. Some of the sims I moved from the household using management household don't have the diploma's in the inventory and some do have diploma's in their household inventory.

One of my sims still haven't gotten his diploma, the only thing I have is his graduation picture but no diploma.

One of my household have 52 diploma's and two of them have Gunther and Wolfgang Munch name on it because both of them stay in the rented house until they finish college. I had my sim drop off the diplomas to both of the munch brother's household but to them it just look like another picture and no reaction of being proud to finish college. I just noticed I have another diploma in the Moon household inventory with Gunther diploma in there again.

Two other house household have different amount's of diploma's in their inventory and some don't have any.

Message 26 of 60 (2,365 Views)

Re: Diploma overload

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Looks like the code is trying to trying to access the attribute of a NoneType object. I wonder if this object is supposed to have a flag that indicates the diploma's already been generated, but since the flag isn't ever set, it just keeps generating them?

I did notice that it only seems to be happening for the sim who graduated while I was playing another household--her old household also had like 16 in their inventory. The sim who graduated while I was actively playing them is *not* having this issue. May be coincidence, but maybe a lead? :D

Exception when applying action (see spoiler)

Spoiler
<ObjectCreationOp ParticipantType.Actor> for loot <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.loot_Diploma_CreateDiploma'> (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'inventory_component')
 Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 114, in wrapped
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 110, in finally_wrap
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 157, in wrapper
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 175, in wrapper
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 356, in c_api_client_connect
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 557, in do_zone_spin_up
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\time_service.py", line 112, in update
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in _run
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\university\degree_tracker.py", line 1246, in _diploma_callback
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\loot.py", line 460, in apply_to_resolver
 File "E:\Builds\MCCC_6_6_2\mc_cmd_center\mc_utils.py", line 145, in _wrapper_function
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\loot.py", line 458, in apply_to_resolver
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\loot_basic_op.py", line 209, in apply_to_resolver
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_creation.py", line 1034, in _apply_to_subject_and_target
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_creation.py", line 801, in create_object
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\helpers\create_object_helper.py", line 70, in create_object
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 191, in create_object
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_creation.py", line 933, in _place_object
 AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'inventory_component'
Message 27 of 60 (2,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ultraviolet1397, and @wolfelabiz ,  do you happen to use Mods or Custom Content (CC).  Mods/CC can cause unexpected things in your game, especially when they are outdated. Raised eyebrow

If you use Mods or CC, please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

Now, if this doesn't work, there might be another problem with your game, or even a bug.  But we have to rule out a Mods/CC related issue first! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 28 of 60 (2,340 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It's been happening for me as well.

What triggered it in my case was the fact that the Sim who was supposed to get the diploma wasn't on the active lot at the time it was delivered. The diploma instead dropped into the Household inventory of the next lot I played. I'm not sure why it duplicates, but I at least know how to duplicate the diploma "overload" issue.

- B

Message 29 of 60 (2,335 Views)

Champion

@burin077, I don't think you use Mods/CC do you?  Forgive me for not remembering! Embarrassed  If you  don't you can make a Bug Report on this , as I'm sure this will become a problem since most people play rotationally. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 30 of 60 (2,331 Views)