Re: Household Inventory if filled by other sims diplomas.

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 bug - University certificate in inventory

Hero
@XXMythLuan I merged your post with the existing bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 60 (1,829 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Household Inventory if filled by other sims diplomas

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I play mod free and it’s happening in my game too. The magical multiplying degree belongs to my sim’s sister that moved out right after graduating. It just keeps happening.
Message 42 of 60 (1,809 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Household Inventory if filled by other sims diplomas

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

My diploma's have not started multiplying yet but my sim's (all 6 of them) didn't get their diploma's they were living off campus so no moving out before graduation. However 3 of them were in Foxbury and 3 of them in Britechester. I attended the Britechester  graduation but not the Foxbury one. Nobody got their diploma's. After LE's spawned and much searching I found them in a unplayed household's inventory in Del Sol Valley while my sim's live in Newcrest.... 

Edit: In a weird twist I am able to add the Foxbury diploma's into a sim's inventory no problem but he is unable to take the Britechester ones, because "does not own this item" 

Update: I got all the diploma's to their correct recipients but upon reloading the household that received the wrong diploma's they got duplicates. And this is for all 6 sim's spawning in the wrong household. Repeatedly.

Update: I tried moving the family that was receiving the diplomas into the household gallery, that caused the Diploma's to move to the correct households inventory, however whenever I spawn into the lot, they multiply. But the diploma's are now in the correct family's house hold inventory. 

Update: they started spawning all over instead, and not just in the correct family's household inventory. 

Message 43 of 60 (1,707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have found a fix for this! Been driving me crazy since the pack came out. I deleted the sim from my save that the diploma belonged to. Now I can delete the diplomas from my other households by placing them on a wall and using the hammer tool to delete it. Every time I would load the game I would have an object creation error, and I would have loads of the same diploma in all my other household’s inventory’s.I haven’t had an object creation error since! 

Message 44 of 60 (1,689 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Household Inventory if filled by other sims diplomas

★★★ Novice

This happens to me as well in a save file I've been playing since I think Seasons. I have only sent one sim in this save to University so far and then I started playing with a different family in the same save and then yet another family in that save. (This save is a legacy family on the fourth-generation now.) I thought it was maybe because I use Mc Command and CC, but if people are having this issue without mods and CC then that can't be the problem. Each family I've played so far since my university sim has a stack of her diploma in their household inventory which I find weird because I don't even think she's met some of them.

Message 45 of 60 (1,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@summ3r_xo When I try to delete them with the hammer tool, it says ‘this object can’t be deleted’?

Message 46 of 60 (1,545 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

We think this issue may no longer be occurring with today's patch (version 1.60.54).

Extra diplomas should no longer be appearing in inventory.  (However, old diplomas in inventory from before patching may remain.)

Please let us know if you're still seeing extra diplomas newly appearing after updating your game.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 47 of 60 (4,997 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have sooo many diplomas in a household of Sims who did not go to university. How can I delete them, please?

Message 48 of 60 (1,463 Views)

Hero
@NIKKIFARK Move everything else out of your inventory, then use the cheat: Inventory.purge.

Backup your save before attempting in case you delete the wrong inventory.

If you have lots of harvestables as well and only one Sim, it might be an idea to add a second one temporarily and move everything to the other Sim.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 60 (1,457 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you!
Message 50 of 60 (1,455 Views)