Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Homework timer doesn't progress

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in uni
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will do homework, but takes an entire night to even just get 25% done. OR there is also no timer around the interaction.
What do you expect to see? To see homework be done within a few sims hours, and a timer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch in 12/12

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in uni
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will do homework, but takes an entire night to even just get 25% done. OR there is also no timer around the interaction.
What do you expect to see? To see homework be done within a few sims hours, and a timer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch in 12/12

My sims are also still walking through soild objects, furniture, walls. Other sims. 

Message 1 of 47 (4,581 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [DU] Homework timer doesn't progress

Hero

Fixed an issue in which homework assignment progression was too slow and timers might have been missing in some instances.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 47 of 47 (3,114 Views)

All Replies

Re: No timer on interactions

★★★★★ Guide
@stephieb95 : Since you have mods, try testing without them? (Move them to another place on your computer, delete localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder in Documents, and Repair the game in Origin.)
Message 2 of 47 (4,517 Views)

★ Apprentice

Already tried that, it didnt work haha. 

Message 3 of 47 (4,511 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@stephieb95 : Oh, okay. (You should update to say "Not now, I removed them" in your original post, though.)
Message 4 of 47 (4,507 Views)

★ Apprentice

Will do! 

Message 5 of 47 (4,500 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@stephieb95 : Thanks! ^_^
Message 6 of 47 (4,497 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I just tried this in one save and I can confirm that the timer for university homework (this was what I tried with) didn't seem to make any progress, but it did only take my sim about 1.5 hours to complete his homework (he is level 7 of Research and Debate, and per Carl's Sims 4 Guide, getting to level 3 of that skill allows your sim to 'complete their homework at an accelerated rate' )

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 7 of 47 (4,474 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, my sim is quite skilled in research and debate, still didnt help hahah

My sim was doing homework for over 7 sim hours, and only got to 25% in one od my saves. In another it went a bit faster. 

Message 8 of 47 (4,470 Views)

Hero
@stephieb95 Tested this for me it seems very jumpy. If I pause the game or fast forward, it's suddenly jumps forward.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 47 (4,431 Views)

★ Pro

If it takes them more than 75 minutes to complete their homework then something's wrong. Latest patch added a progress bar tied to the homework commodity and interaction should finish once it's fulfilled.

Message 10 of 47 (4,406 Views)