Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Going to class early causes needs to be filled instantly

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a Sim go to class early (Sims will autonomously go to class one hour before the class starts). Pay attention to their needs
What happens when the bug occurs? When they arrive at the classroom building early, hunger, energy, and bladder will be filled instantly
What do you expect to see? Needs do not fill themselves when arriving at the classroom early
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

A more technical explanation:

The buff Sims get when waiting outside for class (buff_AutonomyMod_WaitingForClass) contain the following game effect modifiers:

<U n="autonomy_modifier">
<L n="locked_stats">
<T>16656</T>
<T>16654</T>
<T>16652</T>
</L>

The problem is that locked_stats does not just stop a stat from decaying. It will lock it to the max value and thus will fill it instantly. To fix this, use decay_modifiers instead of locked_stats 

<L n="decay_modifiers">
<U>
<T n="key">16656</T>
<T n="value">0</T>
</U>
<U>
<T n="key">16654</T>
<T n="value">0</T>
</U>
<U>
<T n="key">16652</T>
<T n="value">0</T>
</U>
</L>

Message 1 of 3 (678 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [DU] Going to class early causes needs to be filled instantly

Hero

Please be aware that a Sim’s hunger, energy, and bladder motives will no longer refill on their own just before class.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73 .. such a good bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (454 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Going to class early causes needs to be filled instantly

★ Apprentice

This happens to me also, but not just when going to class early. It will always happen though if my sim is going to class but my camera is still focused on the dorm. While this effect will happen 100% of the time, if I re-focus the cam on the sim, it will often revert back to the original state of my sim's needs, regardless if my sim is waiting to attend class early or already in class. However, if I stay focused on the dorm for the entirety of my sim being in class, the revitalized stats will remain full if I wait to refocus on my sim until after they've finished class.

Message 2 of 3 (512 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [DU] Going to class early causes needs to be filled instantly

Hero

Please be aware that a Sim’s hunger, energy, and bladder motives will no longer refill on their own just before class.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73 .. such a good bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (455 Views)