[FIXED] [DU] 'Go To Class early' missing/cancelling --> Sim misses class

by Knazysauce

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] 'Go To Class early' missing/cancelling --> Sim misses class

★★ Novice

Oh hi EA,   Sad you haven't fixed this bug completely...    If living off campus sims never get the go to class early button, in fact i dont think i've ever witnessed this button go off, it exists? Maybe if u live on campus ...  Haven't tried that yet.  Second, this bug still occurs....  If you have a 930am class that ends at 1055 and another that starts at 11 am  sim refuses to go to class autonomously... Solution ?  Dont make the classes so close together?  Wow that was hard.... ill send you my bill EA 1000 000 Simoleans, and i don't mind telling you if u pay cash we can avoid the tax man. Standard smile  

Message 71 of 75 (695 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am not using any mods, and I am not using any CC. I have all of the expansions, etc, except for Cottage Living. 

I began playing the University expansion for the first time, and, for the first time, I am now experiencing a huge number of issues! I'm so disappointed, because I have absolutely loved the 4th version of the game, otherwise. Everything just went south with University, and after I slog my way through this degree, I will likely never touch University, again.

I have lived in a dorm, in the group house and at home. 

Issues:
At both locations:
1. I have never seen a "go to class early" option, or notification. I did not know it even existed until reading this thread.
2. My sim can go to class on-time, do all of their homework, attend study sessions, and "take notes", but will still receive a low grade. 
3. While playing a sim which is attending university, I have experienced a very large increase in general pathing issues, Sim AI issues, and Sims which will pop to the front of my lot, or out of bed. It may seem coincidental but it only started happening after I started going to university, and wasn't happening for the 3 other families I was playing, this week. It's like the extra interactions are causing internal errors. I also had a non-controlled sim somehow steal a textbook out of my Sim's inventory.
4. The notifications for Spirit Day spam my *empty* notification box until it's full. 

While living on campus:
1. My sim constantly bugs out while pathing. They will go to class, take the entire class-time to get there, or will arrive 30 minutes late, and then proceed to loop a walk/stop animation or "fly as bat" in the same spot, over and over, again, either while going, or just after exiting, the rabbit-hole. I nearly burned to death three times, as a vampire. I had to force-exit the game, and use cheats to fill needs. If I live at home, I can go to class without seeing this bug. It can happen after attending other uni events, too, so I just stopped doing any of the University events.

General feedback:

Spoiler
There are no accommodations for vampires. I have to cheat a coffin into the space just to play. The entire experience behaves as if vampires don't exist in the world, at all. I realize vampires aren't "realistic" but they are part of The Sims, so this seems like a serious oversight, and I can't edit the lot, or choose to go home in the middle of a term. I don't want to *have* to cheat, or use mods, to fix game incongruency. It's worse when the game punishes me for ending a term (losing my scholarships).

I wish that University had been built a bit more like other jobs; choose a job, go "off lot" to attend class(not run to a building), attend field-trip ( 4-8 hour thing that works like scientist), or stay home and complete a set of tasks. When I was an undergrad, in real life, I had a class 2x every week that was 4 hours long, and we rotated between a lab and a university greenhouse. That would be a perfect minigame experience for University in the Sims. The task sets for staying home could have been fun, too, like "go to an event, study at X place, watch video on computer, go to keg party" so you could get the "college experience." Right now, I feel like all of the "game," aspect was stripped, and there's just bugs, and fast-forwarding through homework.  

Message 72 of 75 (649 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Knazysauce I get the go to class button on time. But when I click it nothing happens. It only happens to my sims that are in dorms.
Message 73 of 75 (563 Views)

Re: No early "go to class"

★★★ Newbie

Yeah and after that if they linger for long the bottom disappears some of the time.

Message 74 of 75 (420 Views)

Re: No early "go to class"

Hero

Sims go to University classes early when directed to if they are at their campus.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 75 (5,972 Views)