[FIXED] [DU] 'Go To Class early' missing/cancelling --> Sim misses class

by Knazysauce

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DU] 'Go To Class early' missing/cancelling --> Sim misses class

★★★★★ Novice

I just installed the newest patch today (June 14th Pacific Time, may have just hit June 15th in EST). I had gotten Eco and wanted my Sulani family's kid to go to uni. She lived in the dorms a while, then moved to the house in the neighborhood to live off-campus. She was doing fine/normal, and it was all okay for a couple terms. After the patch, I loaded and she was in her second to last term...she wouldn't go to class any longer! This is brand new since I patched it just a couple hours ago. She doesn't go to class any longer...no auto-queueing, but also, the button for "go to class" is still there--but it won't work! I press it, and no action queues, and she won't go to class. I have all packs (expansion, game, stuff) and do not use mods.

Message 51 of 75 (1,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue.  Did you get your issue resolved?

Message 52 of 75 (1,214 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. My sim was able to go to classes no problem until I was in the final semester and only have 3 classes left of her degree.

I have tried un-enrolling and re-enrolling as well as living on and off campus. I only have one sim and it's been happening for me ever since May. I thought maybe the new patches would have fixed is as I noticed the Polite Introduction had re-appeared for my sim.

Message 53 of 75 (1,123 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having a similar problem where my sims won't go to class unless they are on the same lot as I am. 

They are in the active household, that I'm currently playing, but if one of my sims travel somewhere, let's say a park, and the sim enrolled in University don't go with them they won't go aromatically. I get the pop up saying that there is 1 hour left before class starts and later on the red flashing bag thingy that tells you that they are late for class, but they won't go automatically. The only way that I have managed to fix this is to bring the sim to the lot that I'm on, and then clicking the "Go to class" option. First then will they go to class, but not if they are left to care for themselves at home. 

This problem have caused some of my sims to miss both class and final exams, since I sometimes have been on a career lot, unable to bring the university sim to that lot and therefore can't use the usual method of forcing them to go. 

Message 54 of 75 (1,100 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had this same issue. Sims will go to work and grade school on non-active lots but not college classes

Message 55 of 75 (1,075 Views)

Hero
@Chesterenity @Zitiache Sounds like you have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Unable-to-go-to-work-school-class/td-p/9176999

@EvelinaTS: Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sims-won-t-autonomously-go-to-Uni-class-if-not-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 75 (1,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There are two worse scenarios:

Scenario 1: Sim goes to the wrong building

Your Sim goes to class early, but she goes to the wrong building. When class starts, shehas to run to the other side of the campus, getting there late. Only solution is to cancel go early and walk her close to class manually.

Scenario 2: Sim has two consecutive classes in buildings at the opposite side of the campus.

Your Sim properly goes to class 1. You get notified she has another class starting. Once class 1 ends, class 2 starts, but since the buildings are far from each other, she gets to class 2 late.

In all cases, the following conditions were true:

• Foxbury
  • Sim already completed a degree at Foxbury in the past
  • No cheats, ever
  • No mods
Message 57 of 75 (1,034 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Im also experiencing the same issue but only in a different situation. So previously I saved up my game progress and decided to quit the game while one of my sim has attended his class. Then the next few hours after i launched the game again and reload my previous save, my sim suddenly left his class and the notification on the top right of the screen stated that he did not show interest to the class. As a result he also failed that subject due to that issue although I've made him do the final assignments and homeworks which is so fiiing annoying.

Message 58 of 75 (952 Views)

Re: No early "go to class"

★ Guide
@crinrict Yes there is no early button. But, there should be. I sometimes can’t send my sim when the game tells me. An hour before class I should be able to send my sim not at the time the class starts. My sims are always late. Even if my sims goes early, they just stand there without going to class at all. They also don’t take finals and yes I did turn off holidays. It changed nothing. The last two expansions are so buggy that I have to constantly turn things off or abandon a sim because it’s a * show. I can’t get things working properly. Naps hijacking the game, university missing logical options and not completing university tasks. While the EA team is gathering “Me Toos” and hasn’t addressed any of it. Instead they make an unrelated game pack. Not addressing any game deficiencies the sim community was asking for. Also, abandoning an emotional system, which was such a big selling point. There has been no improvements in this area since the game launched years ago. I wish they just fix the issues that are clearly still present. I have an expansion idea: sims, fixing problems. I wish I can actually be happy simming. Right now I’m more frustrated then happy simming.
Message 59 of 75 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ugh I have scenario two right now. My sims class starts immediately after her first one ends and it's at the opposite building in Foxbury so she is undoubtedly late EVERY time and will end up failing since being on class on time is THE way to make sure you pass. I think it's hilarious that the first thing that gets asked is if you're using any mods because I'm literally about to go and install a teleport mod it's the only thing I can think to FIX this issue. In fact I'm starting to find that there are a lot of mods created specifically to fix bugs & other aspects that EA lacked in. If I had known what times the classes were beforehand I wouldn't have set her up for failure. Also I don't understand why the info panel doesn't show what building your class is in that would have been a simple and helpful thing to include -.- I also agree there should have been a 'Get to class early' button that appears an hour before the class that you could manually click because the automation of the action is not consistent.
/endrant

Message 60 of 75 (738 Views)