[FIXED] [DU] Freezing when enrolling to Uni

by ChemicalPrncess

Original Post

Re: EcoLifestyle can't enroll Sims in University

★ Apprentice

I encountered this, too.  I had a group (four Sims) in San Myshuno that I was systematically enrolling and transferring to the Foxbury campus.  The first three completed the move without issue but then froze on the final sim.  I had to exit via Task Manager.  

I was able to work around this issue by merging the final sim into an existing household (back home with his parents) and then enrolling/moving him to Foxbury from there.  For me, the game only froze when trying to move a single student from a one-person household to campus.  If there were other people in the house who stayed behind, there wasn’t a problem.

(Since I was attempting to move the students into university housing I’d downloaded off the gallery, I figured maybe that was the reason for the freeze.  Then the onslaught of NAP issues started wreaking havoc on my game, and I completely forgot about the freeze altogether until seeing your post.)

Message 21 of 49 (1,509 Views)

Hero
@MissMayaShea I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 49 (1,467 Views)

Re: Eco Lifestyle Update my Sim can't enroll in university

Hero
@MissMayaShea I merged your post with existing bug report on this.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 49 (1,441 Views)

★★ Novice

I found that as I was living in San Myshuno I was getting the bug where it froze during enrolling to university. I have since moved to Willow Creek and tried to enroll again and it worked great. maybe a bug with city living, I would try moving to a different neighbour and see it works for you. Standard smile 

Message 24 of 49 (1,421 Views)

Hero
@misswhiskey90 I had it happen in Brindleton Bay. Maybe it's all non-basegame worlds

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 49 (1,415 Views)

★★ Novice

Awesome. Thank you. I was able to get my Sim to enroll in university using previously mentioned workaround to move Sim you want to enroll into a multi sim family. For whatever reason that works when moving solo didn't.

Message 26 of 49 (1,506 Views)

★★ Novice

This worked for me! Thank you!

Message 27 of 49 (1,459 Views)

Re: Disappearing households when moving to University Housing

@littlefxxx  I've merged your post into a bug thread for this issue.  (Sorry that no one replied to you sooner.)  Please see if any of the suggestions in this thread work for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 28 of 49 (1,433 Views)

Re: Dorms broken

Hero
@PinkPanda2856 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 49 (1,239 Views)

Re: Issues with my game on Mac platform

★★ Novice

yes but I don't see a fix

Message 30 of 49 (1,437 Views)