[FIXED] [DU] Freezing when enrolling to Uni

by ChemicalPrncess

Original Post

Re: Dorms broken

★★ Novice
@PinkPanda2856 I’ve had the same problem, restart the game and it should fix itself, but it does need to be sorted by the staff
Message 11 of 49 (5,085 Views)

Disappearing households when moving to University Housing

★ Novice

I've been having issues with my sims moving to university housing. 
At first try, the timemanagement buttons no longer work and the game is super slow (moving to Drake Hall), I deleted this file because I thought it might just be an accidental glitch.
Then, after a little while of playing a new household ( 1 sim) and not saving (accidentally, I know, real bad), I was ready to move them to the University housing in Foxbury (The appartment thing without the other sim in it, cant think of the name right now).
Midway through the move, the game froze. And when I rebooted the game, the household was NOT in the previous house (the lot was glitching out and showing it housed a new family every time it loaded up and I couldnt actually play them, clicking that button did nothing), nor in the uni housing.
The name of the household and the money they had did show in the 'other households' tab but with a blank portrait and when editing the family; it jusst gave me a randomly generated sim. I have no CC in my game, and I have played University before without issues. I do have a few savefiles of this household and non of them show the household in any other way than a blank portrait in the other households tab (and in all savefiles, the lot they lived in was freaking out). 

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or at least know what caused the problem because I've restarted the same gameplay 3 times now (the first two times, the glitches with the timebuttons happened in combination with the weird errorcode (which I didn't take a picture of, sorry) and the last time the moving resulted in losing the household). 

Thank you in advance!! 

Ps. English is not my first language, so sorry if this post seems confusing. 

Message 12 of 49 (5,254 Views)

Stuck on "split from household" screen

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPS: EL, DU, IL, GF, S, C&D, CL, GTW GPS: ROM, SV, P, V, OR SPS: TiLS, LDS, RGS, SS, LPS
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have one sim household attempt to move to attend University.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have one sim in a single sim household, currently in Port Promise. I'm attempting to have her move into university housing while accepting a University. After clicking the 'check' on "split from household" screen, the game becomes stuck. It isn't frozen, as I can minimize the window, right click the icon to close, and it'll pull up the "exit game" window, but it will never proceed past the "split from household" screen. After clicking the checkmark to accept new household, I can still click the arrows and move family funds for some reason.
What do you expect to see? I would expect my household to actually be moved to university housing, instead of being stuck on the split from household screen indefinitely.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I previously had CC installed, however this issue was encountered on an entirely vanilla game with no mods. I've since completely uninstalled the game, removed the entire TS4 directories (from program files and documents), reinstalled the game, updated to latest patch and the issue persists on a fresh install with ZERO custom content or mods.

Message 13 of 49 (5,438 Views)

Re: Stuck on "split from household" screen

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPS: EL, DU, IL, S, C&D, CL, GTW. GPS: ROM, V, DO. SPS: TiLS. The free stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a one sim household attempt to enroll in a University and move to a University dorm.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have only one sim in my household, located in Sulani. He was accepted and I decided to enroll. After clicking the 'check' button on the 'split and move' dialog, the game just stays there with the check button disabled. I can click my sim (background turns green), I can click the "sell all" checkbox and move funds. To get out I have to hit ATL+F4 and I get three options: save and exit, just exit and cancel.
What do you expect to see? I would expect a loading screen and then I would be in my sim's dorm.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, I don't use mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not Sure 

This occurred to me for the first time in 1.63.133.1020 (but I didn't try that before this or the previous update), but I also experienced the 109:e56fc6bb error in another save when attempting to load a sim living in a dorm, so I thought it was related and decided to exit without saving and just wait it out. Today I updated to 1.63.136.1010 and decided to give it a try and attempt to enroll and move my sim again, but continued to experience the issue described above.

Message 14 of 49 (5,386 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So, right after replying to this thread, I decided to load my save and play so more without enrolling to a University. Then I saved the game at some point and a couple minutes later decided to try enrolling again. This time I'm not even presented an option to move to a dorm, I can only select "At Home". See attached screenshots.

Message 15 of 49 (5,379 Views)

Sim Disappeared While Moving to University

★★★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My sim just got accepted to University, so she was moving into the university dorm's household. Upon the last step of accepting her final decision to move the game stopped. It didn't crash or entirely freeze, but it stopped moving onto the next step. I did not have access to hit the "finalize" button anymore, it was opaque and unclickable. However, I was able to still click on the portrait of my sim and the "sell items on lot" button as if the game was still running. The music and sound effects still worked properly too. I had no other option but to close the game with the taskbar. Upon exiting the game I was prompted to save and quit as you normally would while pressing the escape button. Being fearful of when my last manual save was, I hit save and quit.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon logging back in and turning on the game I go to my last (and only) save file to see that my played sim does not exist, not even in the "manage households" area. Her house exists, but not her.
What do you expect to see? I expected my sim to move to university and continue a happy college life to get her degree in computer science and become a computer engineer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have this particular sim saved in the gallery, that part's no biggie. Cheats exist to get her skills back to however high I finally got them again. But I've had to reset this exact game file to nothing at least 7 times in the past week and a half due to other errors with recent patches and I can't fathom how anyone could be sane enough to keep doing this. At first, my save files would just get obliterated and I'd be given some other weird popup errors and breaking entirely. I hope no one else has to worry about this. Frown 

Message 16 of 49 (5,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @edraac and  @gelajiou @LoudSilence22 

I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 49 (5,265 Views)

Eco Lifestyle Update my Sim can't enroll in university

★★ Novice

Not sure if it is Eco Lifestyle or the latest update but I am unable to enroll my sim at university. I tried to enroll from evergreen harbor and when you click to transfer household green checkmark it turns to grey and then the game just freezes. I thought it was an evergreen harbor thing so i moved my sim to san myshuno which worked fine and tried to enroll there and the same problem occurred. I have "repaired" game and restarted and it is still happening.

Message 18 of 49 (5,198 Views)

EcoLifestyle can't enroll Sims in University

★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have base game and every expansion, game pack and stuff pack that has been released since Sims 4 released installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim enroll in university, britechester or foxbury, then select any on campus or off campus housing option (other than the stay at home option) and select green checkmark to move Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game just freezes after you select the green checkmark it turns grey and then you are stuck on the move screen. Have to use Task Manager to exit out. I thought that maybe it had to do with Evergreen Harbor, so I moved my Sim using the Move Household option on the phone to San Myshuno and then tried to Enroll in University and the same thing occurred. This is the first Sim I have tried to enroll in University since installing Eco Lifestyle.
What do you expect to see? The game should continue and your household moves into the dorm or housing you selected.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It happened after installing eco lifestyle.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, I appreciate your help.

Message 19 of 49 (5,327 Views)

Re: EcoLifestyle can't enroll Sims in University

★★ Novice

Hi,

I am also having the same issue, as soon as I use the tick button to move to university it just freezes, I exited out of game, went back in and my sim had disappeared from the property, she wasn't in uni accommodation and in my library her photo had disappeared and when I select her to play from managed households it takes me back to create a sim... This is very annoying as I have spent time getting my sims skills up and now it seems she can't even get to uni. I luckily went into an old save and got her back but same issue is happening when trying to enroll in university. 

Any help to fix this would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Message 20 of 49 (5,332 Views)