Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Freezing when enrolling to Uni

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Pets, City Living, Get to Work, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I went through the enrollment process for my sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time it gets to the moving screen during the last step of enrollment it freezes and does nothing. After the last attempt, it deleted my sim's save data and she is back in the gallery as if I just made her.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to take me through the moving process so that I can send my sim to university.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried multiple times to enroll my sim into Foxbury and each time it freezes when it gets to the moving step. On my last attempt, it actually deleted my character data so she is not in her apartment or on campus. She is in the gallery like I originally created her.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 49 (3,516 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't let sim go to university TS4

[ Edited ]
Hero

I tested this on my save and it's fine now.

Is anyone still seeing this issue ?

@ChemicalPrncess @bttrflies25 @sleepyintoner @italianjew82 

The game no longer sometimes freezes when Sims enroll in University. We get that attending University is life-changing, but freezing a game is taking it a bit to extremes.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 45 of 49 (4,001 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims Can't Go to University of Foxbury

Hero
@ChemicalPrncess Could you try if repairing your game through Origin does anything for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 49 (3,463 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It still gets stuck and if I try to save or leave the game the character disappears. 

Message 3 of 49 (3,421 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you test a fresh save for testing purposes to see if it's save game related or a general issue ?

OK. Never mind. Mine just froze as well.

Seems it's the moving process that freezes. When you stay in the house and study from there, it works .. but I know.. dah.

Might not be a problem for all games

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 49 (3,394 Views)

Issues with my game on Mac platform

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have updated with game, origin, and my laptop. Ample space.

i built up all the hoods and then made my 64x64 lot to perfection - took me all day

went to play and sims could not interact with computers. Deleted the comps, the desks etc. still no.

eventually I had to delete it all. I lost EVERYTHING. All my saves - gone.

cried a little, started to rebuild. 

decided to start really small - one player - moved her into a prebuilt home, got her into college - tried to move her into the dorm... the screen froze on that. I lost everything again 

started again and once she got into college I saved. 

Tried to move her into a dorm... same thing... it freezes. 

Thankfully I saved but I cannot move into dorms!!!!!!

help!!!!!

I JUST REBUILT A HOME AND ONCE AGAIN I CANNOT INTERACT WITH ANY COMPUTER -  EVEN AT COLLEGE!!!!!! 

Message 5 of 49 (3,263 Views)

Dorms broken

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SP07: 1.assets.ml-sp07.232
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island living, Seasons, Pets, City living, Get together, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out, Tiny living, Laundry Day, Backyard stuff, Kids room, and movie hangout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll a sim in university and move them into a dorm
What happens when the bug occurs? The game says there is a fatal error and to restart the game, once the game is restarted it still says there is a fatal error, if you ignore the error and continue to play the save file time doesn't work properly or the sim doesn't appear at all and breaks the game.
What do you expect to see? Sim to work when living in a dorm
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.63.134.1220

This has only started happening after the new patch and when they are moved into dorms, doing university from there home lots still works fine.

Message 6 of 49 (3,167 Views)

Re: Issues with my game on Mac platform

@italianjew82 

Like this? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Freezing-when-enrolling-to-Uni/m-p/9195291

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 49 (3,236 Views)

Re: Dorms broken

Hero
@PinkPanda2856 Could you post a screenshot of the error you're getting ?

Is probably the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Freezing-when-enrolling-to-Uni/m-p/9195291

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 49 (3,137 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue as well except now it won't load any household for me! I reinstalled the game and everything!

Message 9 of 49 (3,107 Views)

Hero
@rcerbe12 Are you getting an error code or a fatal error ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 49 (3,080 Views)