Re: [OPEN] [DU] Female Hair with braid not available for teen sims

by crinrict

Original Post

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4

Platform: PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS > Female Sim > YA and look for the DU short hair with the braid now change her age, it does not show up for mature adult, elder, or teen.

What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing it just isn’t there.

What do you expect to see? The hair for all ages.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but I've tried this without the mods folder.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No, it's been this way the entire time I've had the pack.

‌If I force an age up or age down the hair does show up on teens, mature adults, and adults in addition to the young adults.  However, only if that sim was a fresh sim from CAS, it is not available in CAS from the mirror is not available for any ages except YA in CAS.  This hair obviously is available for all ages in its coding, but EA just forgot to code it so that it would be visible in CAS for Teen-Elder and in the CAS from the mirror in game.

I've attached a screenshot of the hair in question.

Message 21 of 23 (541 Views)

Hero

Hair Style ymHair_EP08MensShavedPonytail_Black has been updated for Teens, Adults, and Elders to display all swatches. Similarly yfHair_EP08ShortBobBraid_Black has been fixed to appear as an option for Teens.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

I know some of you have reported they also don't see it on other age groups. Please create a new thread if it's still the case for any other than teens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 23 (2,327 Views)

★ Apprentice

It seems to be working for all ages in CAS AND in the mirror in game now thanks to the patch! :D

Message 23 of 23 (463 Views)