Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Duplicated merit scholarships starting the second term

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll a Sim whose skills are high enough to receive a merit scholarship. After finishing the first term, enroll them for the second term and see what scholarships they have got.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim is receiving multiple merit scholarships. I've seen two merit scholarships when enrolling for the second term and three merit scholarships when enrolling for the third term.
What do you expect to see? The Sim should only be awarded the merit scholarship once per term.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

A more technical explanation:

The python function for handling scholarships after enrollment contains the following lines that re-evaluate the merit scholarship at the start of every term:

def handle_scholarships_after_enrollment(self, total_scholarship_taken):
 scholarship_manager = services.get_instance_manager(sims4.resources.Types.SNIPPET)
 self.evaluate_scholarship(ScholarshipTuning.MERIT_SCHOLARSHIP, skip_pending=True)
 active_scholarships = [scholarship_manager.get(scholarship_id) for scholarship_id in itertools.chain(self.get_active_scholarships(), self.get_accepted_scholarships())]

If the evaluation is successful then the merit scholarship is immediately added to _accepted_scholarships. The problem is that the merit scholarship from the previous term is never removed from _active_scholarships, which means the itertools.chain of self.get_active_scholarships() and self.get_accepted_scholarships() would contain two merit scholarships. As the Sim enrolls for more terms, more meric scholarships are duplicated. To fix this, use something like sets to remove the duplicated items from the active_scholarships list:

active_scholarships = list(set(active_scholarships))

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 6 (1,903 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Duplicated merit scholarships starting the second term

Hero

Students now can receive only one merit scholarship per term.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,260 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@elelunicy I know this is old but I think people don't understand how it works, the merit scholarship is earned when you complete high school with a high GPA. The reason why it shows up more than once each term, say like you are doing the communications degree any classes that are in the skill level that benefits your degree will get paid for with the merit scholarship. It won't pay for elective classes outside your degree.

For example if a student takes one charma class, one logic class, and a random elective class.
You will be charged for 1 charma class, one logic class and 1 elective class. The Merit scholarship is a rebate so it will show up each time you qualify for that scholarship. Since Carma and Logic are related to the degree of communication you will see it rewarded for each class that benefits the students chosen degree.
Message 2 of 6 (1,606 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Sid1701d9 No the number of merit scholarships has nothing to do with the the number of classes you enroll. The multiple merit scholarship bug can occur even when you only take one class.
Message 3 of 6 (1,587 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm up to five merit scholarships and only took two classes this term.

Message 4 of 6 (1,435 Views)

★★★ Pro

Here is an image from my game:

multiple merit scholarships.png

Message 5 of 6 (1,350 Views)

Hero

Students now can receive only one merit scholarship per term.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,261 Views)