[FIXED] [DU] Conflicting Block Clusters - build breaking bug

by schnuck01

Original Post

Re: Can't work onmy builds once they are built on the honeydewfields lot univers

★★ Guide

@lyntle I'm curious what would happen if you add a basement or now raise the foundation.

@Bluebellflora @SheriGR - I do not think this is only a Honeydew Fields lot issue. I'm hearing it is happening on other lots as well.

Message 31 of 84 (2,009 Views)

Foundation height is bugged

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, I recently came across a very frustrating bug. I was creating a new community build with 4 floors but all on the same level of height. I was almost finished when I realized I had hardly any room to put stairs, hence my decision to move a few walls... But the game didn't allow me. I have the different heightened clustered blocks error, implying I have different heights of foundations (which I don't). After fiddling a bit with the walls, I could see that even tho the building has a small foundation showing up, all the walls I'm placing directly on the floor (the only area where I can actually put some without any error) don't have any. If I try to lower the entire building down to the floor, all the subsequent walls I will place will be deep down into the floor. It's like if the game wasn't taking the current foundations into account. I really don't know what to do. I tried to use the bulldozer, checking each room, getting rid of ghost rooms, repairing my game and typing a few debug codes.

Message 32 of 84 (2,081 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Conflicting Block Clusters - build breaking bug

@Taniouchka  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Thanks for providing the info.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 84 (2,054 Views)

Bug in construction mode in Britchester / plot honeydew fields

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs and stuff packs are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the property honeydew fields in Britchester. Demolish the house and build a new house with foundations. Then they save the game and reload it, it is not possible to place new walls in the house.
What happens when the bug occurs? After rebooting, I can not place any walls in the house.
What do you expect to see? That I can continue to build the house after rebooting.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This error has happened to me for the second time now and after several tests this error does not occur in the old worlds. Unfortunately, I do not know if other properties in Britchester or Foxbery are affected.
If you tearing off this plot and then build a new house with foundation, you can not make any further changes (no walls) after reloading your score. I started to build and wanted to continue building the next day, it was not possible to put new walls in the interior. I then took the plot and placed it in Oasis Springs, where I was able to continue building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXXrr-UFHbo

Message 34 of 84 (2,060 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hey! Thanks for that. So I'm assuming it's a glitch that only occurs on this terrain. That's quite unusual... And frustrating. Thanks for the heads-up!
Message 35 of 84 (2,037 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hello @SheriGR , the error only occurs when you have saved, stopped and restarted the game. I have tested the problem several times. Mods folder removed, the game cleaned up and repaired. For the test, I have started a completely new game. I still have the house and the score.

Message 36 of 84 (2,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Yes @Hoppel785, I had also found out from another helper after doing my initial test that the reason the error didn't show on my test was the fact that, as you said, if I had "saved, stopped and restarted the game" it would have occurred in my first video. (Sorry I didn't mention this later, as I think someone else did).

I'm adding here a video showing that I when I re-entered the lot after saving, exiting, etc., all of the issues that @schnuck01 mentioned did occur just like in her video. 

Video showing error when re-entering the lot: https://youtu.be/z8PqYuco7vc

(Note: My original test where I had not left the lot yet and that did not show the error is posted on comment #23.)

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 37 of 84 (1,984 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me... Started on Sunday. I built a house, went back to it and because it had a foundation it wouldn't let me build any walls! I couldn't even just set it back to ground level because I had a basement. Very annoying

Message 38 of 84 (1,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Oh wow, that makes complete sense since I never finish a build in one session and am always exiting the game and coming back to it. Wouldn't have even guessed this is what was triggering it. Crazy.

Edit: I was also able to complete a build on this lot and I save/stop/restart many, many, many times. I wonder if it is only happening after the first bulldoze of original building?

Message 39 of 84 (1,936 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue. I found that in my game at least, it's just that lot. I saved the house to my library and finished building it on one of the 20x15 lots in Newcrest, then moved it back to the Britechester lot. Obviously a little unwieldy, but it's not a terrible workaround.

Message 40 of 84 (1,928 Views)