Re: Can't build walls, levels bug

by tigrina_tigs

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have a similar issue with 'conflicting block clusters'. I can't connect fences to a house with foundation in Strangerville (the Maxis house on Slip 42 and the pre-existing fence), but it seems like the Maxis builder of that house couldn't either. Since I can do that on a different lot, I wonder what the expected behaviour should be? 

(I'll happily provide a save file, but I don't want to share that link in public.)

Message 61 of 84 (1,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tigrina_tigs You can PM the link to SimGuruNick

Could be related to this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/N-DS-INPUT-A-SV-Gate-removes-fences/td-p/8006531/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 84 (1,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've just send the link to my save in a PM!

As for the gates, I don't think it's related. I've had zero issues with the fence itself or gates on this lot.

It is the foundation under the house that seems to create a problem. It is impossible for me to remove the foundation. I can lower the house, but instead of entirely removing said foundation, it keeps a minimal one and sinks into the ground instead. 

Message 63 of 84 (1,193 Views)

Hero
@tigrina_tigs Hm, wonder if they fixed the gates and introduced a new issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 84 (1,169 Views)

★ Guide

Maybe? I was curious, so I made the house into a single room, saved it as room, deleted the whole building, put the room back and attached the fence with no issues.

But... only if I kept it without a foundation. When I put the foundation back, I got the blocked cluster message again. This doesn't happen on the Newcrest lot where I was building something (on the Sandy Run lot, for the curious). I happened to use the same fence in both cases (the SV Twisted Peaks one), so that doesn't seem the issue to me.

Message 65 of 84 (1,155 Views)

Champion

@SimGuruNick If I remember my tests correctly the issue is not the build, it's the lot and does not appear until one saves, leaves, and re-enters. Please see this comment - #37. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-DU-Conflicting-Block-Clusters-build-breaking-bug/m...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 66 of 84 (1,138 Views)

★ Guide

I tried the Honeydew lot with a tiny build of my own (since I did the contest recently too :P) but that didn't give me issues.

However, I did download the problematic Honeydew lot by @Xeaudo (as mentioned in thread) and immediately ran into the issue of no longer being able to place walls. So I added this house to my earlier save, uploaded it and send the link to @SimGuruNick

/happy bug hunt? Wink

Message 67 of 84 (1,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@tigrina_tigs Thank you for sharing your findings. I was intrigued and went back into my save where I had the build I reproduced like the one @schnuck01 had issues with originally. I uploaded it into my library and began a new game save and downloaded this lot to the Honeydew Lot in the new game save and I still saw the issues - without leaving the lot or anything. 

Next, I bulldozed that lot and exited the game. I then placed an old lot of mine form my library. It placed sideways (!), but it did not show the issues. Wall creation and deletion behaved normally. This did not change if I exited to the worldview and re-entered, and it did not change if I exited the game then re-entered. 

@SimGuruNick I have uploaded the save where I placed the copy of schnuck01's build today - the one from my previous test. It is placed on the Honeydew lot and is showing the issues currently in the save. Thanks! 

Game Save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18sZV422r7Ecg5ejChAts9ALnIZgQ2yXd/view?usp=sharing

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 68 of 84 (1,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I've been having the same problem, also in the same lot, Honeydew Fields. Same thing where if you save, exit, reload there are conflicting block clusters. 

Message 69 of 84 (1,036 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Is there any fix for this issue yet ?? Today is 1/23/2020 and I am having the conflicting blocks message still when I build. Houses with no foundations, house from the gallery, houses I build from scratch, etc. One of the best parts of this game is being able to build and create freely. If that's taken away, there's not much left.

Message 70 of 84 (1,011 Views)