Re: Conflicting block clusters

by Xeaudo

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Conflicting Block Clusters - build breaking bug

Champion

@schnuck01 Are you saying that if you bulldozed the buggy one that you had made, then re-build a different one the bug didn't return?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 41 of 84 (1,133 Views)

Hero

Found some older reports on this which I have now merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 84 (1,130 Views)

★★ Guide

@SheriGR -

I rebuilt the EXACT same house on this lot successfully, perhaps it was the order of how I built it and when I raised the foundation (I still believe this has something to do with a raised foundation) but the house is complete and works fine. I can draw walls, drag walls etc. I've saved the house, stopped and restarted the game many times, bulldozed the house, put the house back down and all was fine.

I have not built anything else on that lot since completing the first house I built there, so I can't say if nothing else will break in the future.

It's definitely  a strange bug for sure.

Message 43 of 84 (1,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@schnuck01 Thank you for the information! I was told the bug has been forwarded, so it's great to have all of this troubleshooting. They will have a lot of helpful information to work with! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 44 of 84 (1,104 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Conflicting Block Clusters - build breaking bug

★★ Novice
@crinrictschnuck01 I’m having the same issue on the same lot, I’m unable to edit any of the rooms in the house.
Message 45 of 84 (1,077 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem with houses from the gallery. I can't build or remove any walls even houses that don't have a foundation, I've tried to rebuild entire rooms but it won't allow me.

Message 46 of 84 (1,058 Views)

"Conflicting Block Clusters"

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except ROM, Strangerville, Moschino, & Spooky Stuff. (Including Discover University)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try building for long enough in University.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'll spend a long time building a house, and then after a certain amount of time I can no longer build anything, as error messages such as "Can't Connect Blocks From Different Levels" or "Can't connect to a room with a different height," or "Conflicting Block Cluster."
What do you expect to see? The ability to build a house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Discover University

I've tried removing my foundation, deleting fences & stairs, and nothing works unless I bulldoze the lot. This has happened on two lots now, both Honeydew Fields. I see others having this issue but have yet to find a solution. This is so frustrating, and basically makes the game unplayable. 

Message 47 of 84 (1,023 Views)

Re: "Conflicting Block Clusters"

Hero
@theresag113 merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 84 (1,006 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Conflicting block clusters

★★★★★ Novice

I will upload my lot to the gallery with the same conflicting block cluster issue. I already deleted a section from each side of the fencing that was attached to the foundation. I tried raising/lowering the foundation. When I draw a wall on the ground level, it causes the terrain to dimple. All I have is a shell and would like to place rooms inside the build.  

Message 49 of 84 (988 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue on that same lot in Britechester.. I had started building yesterday with no problems, and then when I have gone back to it today, I tried to build a wall on the second floor and the message came up. It looks like it's not recognising the foundation because the when I start to drag the wall to build, it's showing the base of the wall being much lower than the current floor. I've tried bringing the foundation down but it's still happening. I put the build on a different lot and was able to build the walls fine, so I have a feeling it might have something to do with Honeydew Fields.

Message 50 of 84 (929 Views)