Re: Can't work onmy builds once they are built on the honeydewfields lot univers

by lyntle

Original Post

Re: Can't work onmy builds once they are built on the honeydewfields lot univers

★★★★★ Novice

Alright it is uploaded on the gallery as Honeydew Troubles. Thank you. I hope we can figure this out. I am about to try to build something different without foundations to see if that is the issue.

Message 20 of 84 (2,068 Views)

Re: Conflicting block clusters

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PlumbobBren 

If I'm understanding your frustration correctly, I'm assuming you're frustrated that the 'block clusters' (sections of walling) cannot connect if they have a different foundation height. This is by design for reasons beyond my understanding, if I interpreted the video narrators correctly when they brought out this feature (separately adjustable wall/building foundations).

Can you please confirm for us if this is the issue that you're referring to? If not, please clarify so I can address your concerns correctly. Thank you!

Though it will not solve your frustration over not being able to join the 'block clusters' in the way you want, I've made you a video that may be helpful in demonstrating a few workarounds that you may or may not be aware of. I hope it helps. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/msdskDjLSVY

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 22 of 84 (2,126 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Conflicting Block Clusters - build breaking bug

[ Edited ]
Champion

@schnuck01 Hello! I was also perplexed by a few things on your video. Can I clarify a few things?

• It does look like the part at the beginning of the video is you trying to draw/connect with a wall that is being started away from the building - and like the wall tool may be adjusting itself to a 'no-foundation height'?
  • When you are dragging the walls were you also giving an error or not? Was the wall accepting the new position?
  • The part at the end is definitely odd. If the building has a foundation and you draw away from it with the wall tool, the foundation should come with the wall, and it does not in your video.

In order to confirm the cause I was going to suggest two things:

1. Request a copy of your build to test in my game to see if the behavior is occurring there
  2. Since you said you had Mods (I'm assuming no CC) but you removed them, I was going to recommend that you delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder, plus delete any other folders in the 'Sims 4' folder with word cache in the name to see if this cleared the issue, in case something was caused by cache from a Mod.

...But I just re-read your post and realized you have deleted that lot so there can be no testing or troubleshooting of the issue in your game unless it re-occurs. I do see that 2 people added 'me too', so I hope that one of them or someone else will have a current lot that we can test a bit.

I did attempt to reproduce the issue in my game but was not able to. Please see this video to demonstrate my efforts. 
https://youtu.be/c65ZQbnjaVE

I look forward to your thoughts, updated information, and clarifications on anything I misunderstood. Thank you!

EDIT: 

Thank you, @Hoppel785 , for pointing out a very important factor here, imho... if I had "saved, stopped and restarted the game" the error would have occurred in my first video. I've created a new video where I when I re-entered the lot after saving, exiting, etc. All of the issues that @schnuck01 mentioned did occur just like in her video.  

(Note: This new video can be found on comment #37.)

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

Message 23 of 84 (2,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@SheriGR Hi Sheri-

This video is only a snippet, this shell was complete with the roof on when I could no longer partition walls or draw rooms and got a conflicting block cluster message. I then removed the roof, and used the hammer on the wall to see if that was possible. I don't know what triggers it, but this problem is not limited to myself and has nothing to do with mods as somebody in a group I'm in posted a nearly exact video and did not have any mods or CC. Yes, when dragging walls I got a conflicting block cluster message.

I do not have the build anymore, I bulldozed and deleted it. 

Here is my tweet on Twitter on it and you can see it is happening to lots of people.

https://twitter.com/TheREALschnuck/status/1196151801935998981

*adding* I am in a builders group and this issue has been posted several times now.

Message 24 of 84 (2,088 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@schnuck01 Thank you for that information! This helps a lot. Would some of those in the builder group like to share their information here, 'me too' this report, and possibly upload a test lot or two to the gallery that we can link to here? This way EA can access if the need it to look into the issue. This would also help me in my own testing to reproduce it properly.  Thank you!! Standard smile

Message 25 of 84 (2,074 Views)

★★ Guide

@SheriGR - I'll post the link in the group and see what happens.

Message 26 of 84 (2,070 Views)

Champion

@schnuck01 Thank you so much! Coffee cup

Message 27 of 84 (2,067 Views)

[ Edited ]

@lyntle 

Thanks Standard smile This is looking a bit odd, the double arrows in what should be one room. Going to play around a little more with it:

Screenshot 2019-11-18 at 18.08.06.png

@SeaCucumbr 

Thanks too Standard smile I'll look at yours shortly.

Edit - NVM, I see the porches now. Still playing with it, very frustrating!

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 28 of 84 (2,048 Views)

@schnuck01 @SheriGR @lyntle @SeaCucumbr 

I've merged these two threads together. There does indeed seem to be a glitch on this lot. It's been forwarded Standard smile

In the meantime, if any of you find what may be causing it please do post here to help others. I've tried deleting a bunch of stuff, placing with MOO on and off, placing furnished and unfurnished, altering heights, nothing seems to work.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 29 of 84 (2,036 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Thank You so much for your help. I have built another home on the lot with no foundations and will be play testing it today to see if it glitches. It might be a foundation issue or something, but I am glad I am not going crazy. I build all the time and have never had these issues.

Edit: Update

So I uploaded a lot on the gallery called the cramped off campus and I have play tested today. So far I have had no issues what so ever with building on it. It has NO raised foundations and stairs on the exterior of the house. I have loaded out of the lot, traveled with my sims, moved them out, moved them in, managed worlds and building seems to be working still. Though I won't guarantee the issue won't arise again, this seems to be working? 

Message 30 of 84 (2,021 Views)