Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Conflicting Block Clusters - build breaking bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except ROM, Laundry, Toddler, Backyard, Perfect Patio, Vintage, Moschino, Fitness, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure how it is triggered - Might be a raised foundation issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? I bulldozed the Honeydew Lot in Britechester and built a lo. the shell was complete with roof and when I tried to partition the 2nd floor I could no longer draw walls and kept getting conflicting block cluster message although these were not conflicting block clusters, it was the same level. I could not move the walls in or out and ironically I could connect different levels (block clusters) without the message (video attached) I had to bulldoze the lot and rebuild.
What do you expect to see? Walls drawn correctly, walls moving correctly when arrow is pulled/dragged.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Discover University

Message 21 of 84 (37,384 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [DU] Conflicting Block Clusters - build breaking bug

Hero

We addressed an issue resulting in a “Conflicting Block Cluster” error message that could occur while building, preventing you from being able to draw or move walls.

Fixed in Patch 1.62.67

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 82 of 84 (26,503 Views)

All Replies

Conflicting block clusters

★★★ Apprentice

With regards to split level houses and multi height foundations there is zero reason why they would not function in the game. Yet im unable to place half walls connecting to my deck so that i can have a blocked off garden. I know we can use fences but the point is we should not have to. With each subsequent release our build tools should improve. Why can we not yet do these simple things? What im asking for is not game breaking and despite my head scratching cannot fathom a single reason why this cannot work. Considering with all DLC this game is over half a thousand dollars in canadian currency (let that sink in) what im asking for is nil

Message 1 of 84 (44,836 Views)

Re: Conflicting block clusters

★★★ Apprentice

I'm simply trying to make a little pool next to the house wall on the foundation  getting conflict block cluster error and it's not even conflicting with anything it should work .. 

Message 2 of 84 (44,599 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

If it means anything, I've sometimes had to sort of "fake it" with creating fencing and foundation at odd angles to make it work. If it doesn't work the most straightforward way, I sometimes have had to knock out the wall temporarily, place the foundation as I wanted, then recreate the wall over it.

It's a workaround more than anything, but sometimes it can get around the painfully stupid issues that the tools end up putting in front of us.

- B

Message 3 of 84 (44,580 Views)
Highlighted

conflicting block clusters

★★★★★ Apprentice

please see picture.

i am trying to get a gate to connect these two parts of the gate, but it says conflicting block clusters? could someone please explain to me what this means/ how to solve it? whereas on the other side of the house it lets me connect the two parts of the gate?!

any suggestions much appreciated!

g.PNG

Message 4 of 84 (37,458 Views)

Re: conflicting block clusters

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kingpeterking Please delete the left section that is attached to the house then finish the fencing by beginning at the fence and heading toward the house. If this does not work try the other way around. Probably depends on how it was connecting correctly on the other side since you don't have a foundation to make a difference. If neither of these things work can you pan up and do a top-view screenshot of the whole lot (home and yard) at the first floor level so I can see the layout? 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 84 (37,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know how frustrated you are, like one time I didn't know if I should delete the game, or if I should have just cried. Okay but anyway, its a really easy fix. all you have to do is redo the foundation. Some items may go to your inventory but just redo the foundation. OH VERY IMPORTANT: make sure you redo the foundation all the way from the first floor. Otherwise, you may still have the same problem. okay yea then build your wall that was struggling and hopefully it'll work this time Standard smile) good luck

Message 6 of 84 (39,258 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I am trying to build two small houses on one lot - all I want to do is add a bathroom upstairs in the house on the right (see uploaded pic). It will not let me place a wall anywhere on that house level. It says 'can't connect blocks from different levels' but:

a) the houses are the same foundation level

b) I am not trying to connect them

Anyone able to help?

Message 7 of 84 (37,299 Views)

Champion

@elliebreton Can you share your home to the gallery? Give it a name (like '"Block Cluster Problem") and let me know if you have a the same User ID/name there as you do here. Or you can include a link to it in the browser here. This way I could download it and test in my game. Thank you! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 8 of 84 (37,247 Views)

Can't work onmy builds once they are built on the honeydewfields lot university

★★★★★ Novice

So I have built and built and built. I have worked on the drake dorm and the britechester commons and on another lot in between the colleges but when it comes to honeydew fields I just keep having troubles. I first moved my sim in and wanted to improve honeydew fields so I built a new lot after demolishing. and I played on it for a bit and could add objects but then when I went to improve the build by expanding I couldn't. It would say "Can't connect a room to with a different height" the thing is though, I built it all on one uniform foundation. no different height except the stairs to gain access to the home. So I thought I messed up. So I demolished it and then rebuilt something a bit different. Same deal. Then I went to change some wall paper on the exterior and I could not even touch the room and it was registering as a room. and I was not able to click on the wall but the objects hidden behind it instead. So I demolished and tried again. I tried downloaded stuff and rebuilding and I kept running into the same issues. Just a bit upset.

Message 9 of 84 (37,270 Views)