Re: [OPEN] [DU] Cannot make offering at Secret Society (stuck item)

by dnvinux

Original Post

Re: How do I get rid of an object on the altar for the Sprites'?

Hero
@smolxbeanx QA is looking for saves for this so if you could share yours as Nick asked above, that'd be great

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 51 (1,391 Views)

★★ Novice

Has there been any further update on this? I'm having this same issue now. :-(

Message 32 of 51 (1,267 Views)

Hero
@Aeronwy QA is looking for saves for this so if you could share yours as Nick asked above, that'd be great

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 51 (1,244 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Cannot make offering at Secret Society (stuck item)

★ Novice

I had the same problem happen when I reset another society member in the middle of him setting down a metal. It reset him and the metal and he didn't pick up the metal, so now it's stuck Frown

Message 34 of 51 (1,161 Views)

★ Guide

Oh boy this was so annoying! Unfortunately my save wouldn't help as my sims are no longer in the secret society, they have long since graduated uni. 

Message 35 of 51 (1,142 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m having this issue too. I’m super frustrated since I just lost a save to a bug like, three days ago. 

Message 36 of 51 (1,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me but I'm playing on a console so I can't even get the mod to fix it Frown 

Message 37 of 51 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @SimGuruNick I'm now experiencing this issue of an item being stuck on the altar so I couldn't make any offering. I don't think I'm able to DM you my save file (perhaps XP level too low as well?). Is there any other way to do this? Also I don't have any mods/cc installed

Thanks!

Edit: Since this post I've been able to send DM and I've sent through a link to my save file about a week ago now. Should I expect a response to this issue? Thanks!

Message 38 of 51 (1,016 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem I don't use mods or cc and there has been a crystal on the altar for about a week and nothing I've done has gotten rid of it.

Message 39 of 51 (977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

So I had this same issue and I tried every method in the book (including all of the suggestions on this thread) and nothing worked! Then I came across my own discovery and it was a VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION!

First thing to do is to turn on these cheats within the game: 

[ testingcheats on ] +

[ cas.fulleditmode ]

Shift + click on the sim of your choosing and select Modify in CAS. Equip the sim with the Kleptomaniac Trait. 

Travel to any lot other than your home. I chose Pepper's Pub, the bar closest to the ritual grounds. Take your klepto sim over to the ritual altar and click on the object that is stuck. 

There should be an option that reads "Attempt to Swipe". AS LONG AS THERE ARE NO OTHER SIMS AROUND (this is important, otherwise you can't steal the item, your sim will be humiliated and embarrassed, and shame will be brought upon your entire family.. Well... Not your family) YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TAKE THE ITEM. There normally isn't anyone in that area unless there's a Celebration ritual going on [10pm - 2am] so this should work. 

You are welcome & I really hope this works for you all!

Happy Simming!

-MzWhizKid 

Edit By Crinrict: Marked as Solution for visibility, added Solution banner.

Message 40 of 51 (1,748 Views)