Re: How do I get rid of an object on the altar for the Sprites'?

by smolxbeanx

Original Post

Re: Cannot make offering at Secret Society

Hero
I merged a few threads I found on this topic into one.

Seems it's a general issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 51 (1,812 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Cannot make offering at Secret Society (stuck item)

★ Apprentice

I do not have CC/mods and am experiencing the same thing. Tried repairing the game- copypasto- nothing works. I’m uncomfortable with mods so do not want to use them (lost a computer because of one). 
Plathium is the stuck metal.

Message 22 of 51 (1,732 Views)

Item Stuck on Ritual Altar

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, All game packs, Every stuff pack except Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, and Laundry Day Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join Order of Enchantment, go to an Event
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon going to an event there is an item on the ritual altar preventing you from leaving any offerings to the sprites.
What do you expect to see? A ritual altar that I can leave offerings to the sprites that is empty of items
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

You cannot remove the item on the altar because it does not belong to you. You cannot remove it in build/buy because it is not on a lot. Klepto sims cannot steal it. Spellcasters cannot burgliate it. It does not go away thereafter. 

Message 23 of 51 (1,699 Views)

Re: Item Stuck on Ritual Altar

Hero
@Jayrae316 Merged your post with existing thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 51 (1,651 Views)

Re: Item Stuck on Ritual Altar

★★ Novice

im having this exact same issue. 

Message 25 of 51 (1,589 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Cannot make offering at Secret Society (stuck item)

★★★ Novice

Same issue, only on mine it's a metal. Tried to get my alien to transmute it and that didn't work either. 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, All game packs, Every stuff pack except Move Night, My First Pet, Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join Order of Enchantment, go to an Event
What happens when the bug occurs? Upon going to an event there is an item on the ritual altar preventing you from leaving any offerings to the sprites.
What do you expect to see? A ritual altar that I can leave offerings to the sprites that is empty of items
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

You cannot remove the item on the altar because it does not belong to you. You cannot remove it in build/buy because it is not on a lot. Klepto sims cannot steal it. Spellcasters cannot burgliate it. It does not go away thereafter. 

Message 26 of 51 (1,518 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well. Super frustrating and I am not interested in using mods to fix. Does anyone know if this has been addressed by devs yet? 

Message 27 of 51 (1,438 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

We've had trouble reproducing this, could anyone possibly share a save file? You can DM me the link, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 28 of 51 (1,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@SimGuruNickHi, I am looking for an answer for the same problem/bug and I found this post. However, my XP is not enough to make DM. Is there any other way to send you my save file? Many thanks!!!!

Edit: I am upgraded after this reply and I have dm you. Thanks!

Message 29 of 51 (1,342 Views)
Highlighted

Re: How do I get rid of an object on the altar for the Sprites'?

★★★★ Novice
@PugLove888 I did this and it still won't work Frown
I don't think it's a mod issue I think it's a bug issue. The only time this happened to me was after I arrived at the ritual 1 sim hour late on a Thursday or Friday night and the piece of refined gem wouldn't move. I even went back during a non-ritual time and it wouldn't budge. I am pretty sure this is a bug
Message 30 of 51 (1,251 Views)