Re: How to remove computer glasses (University) ?

by IslaRoses

Original Post

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenI did the ritual to remove the magic and I even tried using commands to get the hybrid status resolved to no avail.

Message 21 of 32 (3,030 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try to reset your Sim. Open the cheat panel and type:  resetsim FirstName LastName then press enter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 22 of 32 (3,028 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen Just to note, my sim is just standard. There is no other option on the menu to remove glasses, and resetting the sim does nothing.

I’ll craft a cybernetic arm today and test the earlier suggestion.
Message 23 of 32 (3,025 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenDid a reset on my sim, also created a new normal sim and got the same issue.

Message 24 of 32 (3,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, the computer glasses menu has not changed, but now there is an option in the main menu to remove computer glasses. I'm convinced it wasn't there before! 😂

(after crafting robo-arm)

EDIT: Also works with robo-arm pulled from hidden objects. 

Message 25 of 32 (2,995 Views)

Hero
@IslaRoses After you crafted the arm or before ?

@Josseineko Maybe it's an issue with the vampire (we had many issues that affected vamps but no other Sims before). Could you test a non-vampire Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 32 (2,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I tested on another sim and I also have to equip a robotic arm to have the option! Wink I'm sorry it does not work for you ... My Sim is not a vampire, no wizard, no mermaid.

I first put on the glasses. Then I made the arm and I equipped it. The option to delete one or the other then appeared! Wink

Message 27 of 32 (2,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I just tried it on a different sim, and it does seem to be related to having the robot arm. For the sim that first experienced the problem, I was able to equip both the arm and the glasses at the same time, but the option to take off the glasses didn't appear in the menu until I'd crafted the arm (not put it on). I'm on a different sim now, and put on the glasses (without a roboarm) and the option to take them off is missing from the menu again (I knew I couldn't have simply overlooked it!). 

- I pulled a roboarm from the hidden objects menu and put it in the sims inventory, but the option to take off glasses has not returned to the menu. 

- In the second event, I wasn't able to remove the glasses until I'd equipped the roboarm. 

- After doing that, I was able to take off and delete the roboarm, without losing the ability to take off the computer glasses. Getting rid of the arm doesn't get rid of the option to take them off, as far as I can tell. 

I don't know how the glasses are acquired in normal gameplay, as I pulled them from buy/debug, so perhaps that's part of the reason the option to remove them isn't appearing until the functionality is introduced with the robo-arm. Once the arm is used, it can be removed and sold/deleted and the function of putting on and removing glasses remains. 

Message 28 of 32 (2,934 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If I could add my recent experience with this (these) issue(s):

I have had both issues with the glasses as well as the robo arm.

• In the case with the glasses, I was able to get the option back to take them off if I equipped the helmet as well (surprised that I could do that) - however that did nothing for the stuck-on robo arm, nor the ability to get the menu option back.
  • I tried multiple times re-starting a household to see various ways to possibly get the removal options back (especially for the arm), to no avail. In the end (even having created default overrides to make them available in CAS), I may have found a part at least of a cause of the issue (in my instances, possibly not for all of the listed instances of this issue for others), and that was having saved a household that had the items, then pulled the household from my gallery to make a different play-through. What seems to happen, by how I eventually found a successful solution to my issues, is that if the arm and/or glasses are even in the inventory of a Sim when saved to the gallery, the gallery saves the 'traits' of having them 'equipped' (even if they weren't at the time of save) and automatically re-equips them upon re-placement as a 'new' household, however with no menu options.
  • What I finally did to successfully re-start the household was to go back to the save file of the original household, have them remove the said two items (the options were available in that save for that version of the household), remove them from their inventories, THEN save the household and re-place it for re-play in a new save file.

I hope that I made some sense. This was all done within a modded environment, so there's that... Cheers.

Message 29 of 32 (2,843 Views)

Hero

Sims can now Turn Off Computer Glasses when moving to other neighborhoods.
○ It was getting a bit awkward in special occasions and when meeting neighbors. Not to mention it is a fashion… choice, yes… let’s just say that.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 32 (8,049 Views)