Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] How to remove computer glasses ?

by IslaRoses

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Can't remove Computer glasses

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put on computer glasses from the Discover University pack
What happens when the bug occurs? I do not see an option to remove the glasses.
What do you expect to see? I expect there to be an option to remove the glasses on the "computer glasses" menu when clicking on the sim. I can't remove them in CAS, and they override every outfit my sim puts on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Message 1 of 32 (6,928 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to remove computer glasses (University) ?

Hero

Sims can now Turn Off Computer Glasses when moving to other neighborhoods.
○ It was getting a bit awkward in special occasions and when meeting neighbors. Not to mention it is a fashion… choice, yes… let’s just say that.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 30 of 32 (8,041 Views)

All Replies

How to remove computer glasses (University) ?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I put computer glasses on my sim, and there doesn't seem to be an option to remove them. I may be overlooking something, but there isn't an option in the sim action menu to remove them (not under "computer glasses..." or any other menu) and I can't remove them in CAS. They're not in my inventory, so I can't interact with them there either. I've clicked on mirrors, dressers, taken showers, etc. and nothing seems to change it. 

I purchased another pair to try on and see if I can change them out, but I can't. I can only put them in my inventory or take them out. They persist no matter which outfit I have on. 

I have tried to remove them both with and without mods enabled. I tried using MCCC to "clean" them in the dresser function, but it doesn't recognize they exist. Again, I have tried removing them with mods disabled/removed from the game files as well. 

There's either a super obvious way to remove them or they're really just counterintuitively implemented. 

Message 2 of 32 (6,896 Views)

Champion

@IslaRoses, sometimes, especially after an update/patch, it isn't enough to just disable your mods/CC. Raised eyebrow You have to move your Mods folder to your desktop and do a few more things.

Please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.  It is the responsibility of the Mods/CC creators to update their items anytime EA releases a patch/update, and it is the responsibility of the people who use Mods/CC to make sure they are using the most recent version. 

Now, if this doesn't work, there might be another problem with your game, or it could be a bug. Wondering We should be finding out more in the next couple of days.  I haven't used the computer glasses yet, so even though my game doesn't have any Mods/CC I can't say what I'm experiencing yet.  I can test it and what I get to compare. Standard smile  Still, even if it is a bug, it is still good protocol to always check your Mods/CC in the way I listed anytime you have a problem in your game after a patch has been released! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 32 (6,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@IslaRoses Don't know how this is supposed to work.

I merged your posts for now (General Discussion)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 32 (6,897 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@IslaRosesLooking at the game files it seems you have to click on the glasses in your inventory

computer glasses trait (hidden) adds the following affordance

<T>226312<!--ObjectInInventoryPickerInteraction: computerGlasses_TakeOff_Picker--></T>

Message 5 of 32 (6,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @PugLove888 As stated in my post, I disabled all of my mods, and I made sure they were all up to date prior to attempting to play the game, as is standard protocol. As I only use two mods (MCCC and Weerbesu) and have tested the issue in multiple conditions, I think it's safe to say that this is not a mod-related issue. Given my background in QA and development, I would not bring a question here without having done all possible troubleshooting on my end. 

So, this is still unresolved and I can find no other documentation about the glasses. 

Thanks!

** Just to be clear, that means I've tested conditions with the mods file completely removed and clearing my cache, etc. 

Message 6 of 32 (6,849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks @kusurusu that is really helpful.

The weird thing is.. I don't have them in my inventory anymore as I sold them. I wrongly thought I'd acquired a duplicate pair. I can put another pair in my inventory, but of course, I don't have any interactions available for them other than placing them in world or in inventory. 

* I tried adding another pair of glasses in the same color to my inventory but I couldn't interact with them in a useful way. 

* I tried to use the command console to remove the hidden trait (traits.remove_trait computerGlasses and traits.remove_trait_hidden computerGlasses) with no luck

* Reset my sim as an object doesn't work either

* Tried setting a random object as head and back

* Turned into plant sim

* Equipped earbuds. Noticed that I can't click and drag them to sell while wearing like I could with glasses. 

* Tried traits.clear_traits

* Tried consuming a retraiting potion

I might do some testing with the All Cheats mod. 

Message 7 of 32 (6,847 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue as you. Except for yesterday, I had the option to remove the glasses and now the option has disappeared. I also have the glasses in my inventory, yet the only option available is to place them on the ground. Btw I had no mods installed either.

Message 8 of 32 (6,803 Views)

Re: How to remove computer glasses ?

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem! Disappointed

Message 9 of 32 (6,793 Views)

Hero
@IslaRoses Moving this back to bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 32 (6,779 Views)