[FIXED] [DU] [CD] Room Mate Ad: Available Beds not properly counting

by burgess7777

Original Post

Re: Can't advertise for another roommate, despite there being enough beds

Hero
@MidniteHearts It would be just as a temp workaround until they fix the bug.

No one said it wasn't a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 27 (4,061 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Oh adding the beds work, but I don't really have anywhere to be plopping down extra beds, plus some of my active households are in apartments. So I can't really shove them in a basement. Figured someone might wanna use that workaround if they don't want like multiple beds in their sims home.
Message 12 of 27 (4,050 Views)

Hero
@LadyKyn Sure, it's also a valid solution.

Seems toddlers are causing it as well though (not sure about babies as they are considered objects)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 27 (4,046 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@LadyKyn Create a basement or attic for storage. Lots of houses have those... Stick some classic old-style beds in there. "Grandma's" old bed. You didn't have the heart to get rid of it after she passed...
Message 14 of 27 (4,027 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [CD] Room Mate Ad: Available Beds not properly counting

[ Edited ]
Champion

@burgess7777 I am using a duplex/house (not a dorm) and roommates.

I can confirm from trying multiple things in my household with a family of 5 sims with 2 dogs + 3 roommates + a butler... that I did have to add enough beds to also account for the two dogs and all family members (well, I suppose the butler also) in order to run the ad for roommate each time I wanted to add a roommate(s), but it is not necessary to keep all of those beds once the roommates all have a bed assigned to them. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 15 of 27 (3,981 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] [CD] Room Mate Ad: Available Beds not properly counting

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except my first pet stuff
Steps: Make a "landlord" with 1 cat. Add a double bed for the landlord. Add two single beds for the tenants. You can only get 1 tenant because the game counts the cat as needing a bed. I tested this by getting rid of the cat and it's 100% the issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option is greyed out.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to have a pet & roommates
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes but they are unrelated to this
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I also had this issue. Very aggravating.

Message 16 of 27 (3,872 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Discover University Housing Issues with Roommates

★★ Novice

I did find out that an animal counts as a sim in household so you’d technically have to put down a bed for the pet as well 🤦🏻‍♀️

Message 17 of 27 (3,796 Views)

★★ Novice

I added a basement, stick beds in there for the pets and then they’re not in the way, they can’t be used because there’s no way down there. Seems to have worked fine 

Message 18 of 27 (3,749 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm still having this issue, too. My Sim's cat apparently needs its own single bed, so I bought a bed, sized it down to the min size and hid it inside another object, but seriously, this should be fixed. Sometimes I want to play without cheats and these beds would be costing me unnecessary money, especially in a starter home.

Message 19 of 27 (3,674 Views)

Can't apply for roommate

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, City Living, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? I made a household with one YA and a cat. I have two rooms with a bed in each. I can't apply for roommate because it says that there isn't an available bed. I tried moving it around, this didn't help. Randomly placing another bed in the apartment does, but I don't need 3 beds... The bed isn't assigned to anyone, so I think maybe the cat counts as a household member in the sense that the game see two household members and two beds and therefore I can't apply for a roommate.
What do you expect to see? Being able to apply for a roommate for the second bed and not having the cat count as household member in that sense that it needs a sim bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, City Living, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? I made a household with one YA and a cat. I have two rooms with a bed in each. I can't apply for roommate because it says that there isn't an available bed. I tried moving it around, this didn't help. Randomly placing another bed in the apartment does, but I don't need 3 beds... The bed isn't assigned to anyone, so I think maybe the cat counts as a household member in the sense that the game see two household members and two beds and therefore I can't apply for a roommate.
What do you expect to see? Being able to apply for a roommate for the second bed and not having the cat count as household member in that sense that it needs a sim bed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 20 of 27 (3,550 Views)