Re: [OPEN] [DU] Bad grades despite sending in term paper (not recognized ?)

by Hallie22

Original Post

★ Pro

Two things I found:

1 (course B only) if you send in a normal quality term paper you'll get no points since two values (class grade and term paper score) are switched.

2 <T n="end_of_course_loot">230278<!--LootActions: loot_University_CompleteCourse_A--></T> (same with BCD) resets your term paper progress. I'm however not sure when this one is triggered.

Message 11 of 29 (1,683 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I'd vent my frustration at this game-breaking bug, but I feel it's not worth it since it will just fall on deaf ears.

- B

Message 12 of 29 (1,657 Views)

Cannot raise grades in discover university

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? See below
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? See below
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See below
What happens when the bug occurs? See below
What do you expect to see? See below
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP08: 1.assets.beta-gp08.17
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Discover University
What happens when the bug occurs? I can never get an A grade or graduate with honors no matter how much studying I do. I always do my homework on time and I always do the term papers and projects. I should have an A+ and never ever do.
What do you expect to see? Be able to graduate with honors and an A+
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 13 of 29 (1,606 Views)

Re: Cannot raise grades in discover university

Hero
@DivineRoyalty Going to merge this with the term paper issue but do you also study books and do extra work on the computer besides homework and term papers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 29 (1,584 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

With every class there is a skill connected to it. What was the level of that skill. If it is low, your grade will probably also be lower.

Message 15 of 29 (1,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  I do. I try to work very hard to get the grades up and nothing 

Message 16 of 29 (1,560 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Hallie22  I am not seeing where the skill requirement is but I usually build my sims’ skills at teen so they are maxed out by college. Can you help me find where it says the skill? Thanks 

Message 17 of 29 (1,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@DivineRoyalty 

In the class schedule. Under the subject it says what skill it is connected to.

Also some skills are not available for every age. Parenting isn't available for teenagers, but you can take a course for it in university. I don't know of other skills like that, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more skills that weren't available for teenagers.

Message 18 of 29 (1,550 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just thought that I'd leave a little note here that if anyone is seeing the "can't progress at all/doing badly in class every time" issue and can't link it specifically to the term paper not being considered complete, if you're using MC Command Center make sure you don't have the flag for "Freeze Career" turned on. 

I had spent the better part of 2 days trying to solve this problem for my boyfriend who had a Sim that couldn't seem to pass any classes despite doing all the homework, papers, and attending classes/exams. Eventually linked it to the fact that he had freeze career turned on still from a job the Sim had had previously. It's likely that the game sees Uni classes as a "career", so it makes sense. Once I disabled the flag on his Sim, he started getting expected results in class. 

Hopefully this may be useful to someone else with the same problem. 

Message 19 of 29 (1,478 Views)

Re: Term Paper Not Recognized as Submitted

[ Edited ]
Hero

Term Papers will now always count toward the course’s final grades.
○ Dang it.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Please use this thread if you're still having issues with failing uni classes: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sims-fail-university-despite-meeting-all-criter...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 29 (11,006 Views)