by TokusaShi

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GTW] Unable to cook certain dishes on Chef Station

Hero

Added back 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 56 (1,971 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same problem. I'm guessing this hasn't been resolved?

Message 42 of 56 (1,946 Views)

Hero

Yes, it's an open bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 56 (1,941 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I encountered this problem while trying to make Tuna Casserole. My sim is unable to place it in the oven using the "I Dream of Sous" chef station and whenever I try I get the blocked animation bubble. I have no mods in my game.
Message 44 of 56 (1,816 Views)

can't finishing cooking rack of lamb: path blocked

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Romantic Garden, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt to cook Rack of Lamb on "I Dream of Sous" Chef Station. Note that this appears to be a pathing error (my sims presents a "blocked path" thought bubble, see screenshots below) so I have tried to troubleshoot this issue by moving table and chairs out of the way, moving the kitchen counters out of the way, ensuring that a clear counter is available to set the rack of lamb on, ensuring that a microwave is available (in case that is needed as a next step in cooking the lamb), ensuring that all pathways to/from the chef station are clear, etc. etc. etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? Unable to complete the rack of lamb, unable to empty the oven, unable to fix the issue
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to 1) complete the rack of lamb meal or 2) be able to at least empty the oven in order to abort the attempt and try something else instead
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Screenshot 1: https://prnt.sc/jrflp9

Screenshot 2: https://prnt.sc/jrflvl

Message 45 of 56 (1,739 Views)

Re: Unable to use oven on Chef Station

★★ Novice

Hey there,

I don't know what you guys mean by a Chef Station, be it language barrier or an expansion I don't have  whatever I dunno.

My Sim too has issues with gourmet meals Rack of Lamb, and Lobster Thermidor.

On the Lamb meal she gets as for as mixing bowl then gives me the blocked move wave bubble. She's preparing it on the kitchen counter.

The lobster thermidor gets mixed in the bowl transferred to the stove and cooks it in a pan then seconds later a blocked item bubble thingy.

I have the Schmapple Oven in my kitchen.

Regards

Gadget

Message 46 of 56 (1,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The chef station is the cooking unit that comes with the dine out expansion pack. The big ones

Did you check your oven if there's already something in it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 56 (1,575 Views)

Hero

Tagging @gadget2k7 for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 56 (1,544 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey there,

Thanks for reply,

there's nothing in the oven. if I get them to make a different dish everything is fine

Regards

Message 49 of 56 (1,535 Views)

Hero

@gadget2k7 Could you create a new thread then ? This is about the chef station and I wasn't able to duplicate it on any other oven so we need to do some troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 56 (1,522 Views)