[FIXED] [DO] Top level chefs in restaurant cooking poor quality food

by annelydolf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DO] Top level chefs in restaurant cooking poor quality food

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So I've been having this problem since Origin did an automatic update yesterday. My 5 star restaurant has two chefs, both at the highest level possible, yet they have started cooking only poor quality food. I don't use any mods or anything of that sort, just the vanilla game. I have tried restarting the game, restarting my computer, repairing the game, but nothing seems to work. 

If someone has had the same problem and maybe know how to fix it I would love to know!

Message 1 of 109 (19,535 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Top level chefs in restaurant cooking poor quality food

★ Guide

YOU GUYS!!!!!! HAVE YOU SEEN THE PATCH NOTES TODAY??? I'm so happy I could cry!

Dine Out

• Top-level restaurant chefs should no longer cook poor quality food.

Thank you, @SimGuruNick!

View in thread

Message 109 of 109 (12,493 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Top level chefs in Dine Out cooking poor quality food

★★★ Novice

Hey. I have the same issue.. have you found a fix yet?

Message 2 of 109 (19,380 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is this only happening on existing games or also if you start a new one for testing purposes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 109 (19,359 Views)

★ Guide

Currently, for myself it is existing games. All my top rated chefs are creating only 'normal' and 'poor' foods yet some lower level drinks seem to be fine (as far as rating, e.g. will still get an 'excellent' rating for a drink that requires 3/5 or under). Am yet to try to start a whole new game; will probably do that when I pick up City Living EP later this week. Bit annoying though, keep having to give out free meals so my restaurants don't slip in their ratings when sims complain about the food quality! Have set my chefs to cook the most expensive type ingredients, and at carefully (slow) cooking and has not made much difference. Tried praising and scolding, also no difference. My game was all good before the latest patch was downloaded.

Message 4 of 109 (19,340 Views)

Hero

For me it varies between Poor and Excellent. Mostly being normal.

I'll add

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 109 (19,319 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [DO] Top level chefs in restaurant cooking poor quality food

★ Guide

I am also having this problem!

Message 6 of 109 (19,265 Views)

★ Guide

Mine is happening on existing games. Haven’t tried new.

Message 7 of 109 (19,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same problem. I even started a new game but it does not make a difference.

But this is not just happening at the restaurant. My own Sims have the same problem with Popcorn, Coffee and tea (I guess Icecream too but I didn't try it). It's never bad quality but always just "normal". Even though all of my sims have the highest cooking level. I am starting to get really pissed.

Message 8 of 109 (19,253 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Me too. It was suggested on officials that firing your chef and hiring anew would eventually address the issue, I did so and noticed when rehiring that my fully skilled chef now had 2 cooking skill.  I am unable to confirm if it works as my new chefs are building up their skills, I will report back the results. 

Message 9 of 109 (19,229 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 109 (19,214 Views)