[FIXED] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

by Iyasenu

Original Post

Re: [FIXED] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

★ Guide

Brand new neighborhood I created this morning, after everything was patched. My Sim went to the gym downtown, got hungry after working out for six hours, went to the cupcake stand (I know, right?), ordered the Baconator, paid for it, and Diego Lobo walked off with it.

The issue has not been fixed. It's just moved to the kiosks now.

Message 251 of 260 (839 Views)

Hero
@sleekoduck87 That was a food stand though, not a restaurant, right ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 252 of 260 (817 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@sleekoduck87 wrote:

Brand new neighborhood I created this morning, after everything was patched. My Sim went to the gym downtown, got hungry after working out for six hours, went to the cupcake stand (I know, right?), ordered the Baconator, paid for it, and Diego Lobo walked off with it.

The issue has not been fixed. It's just moved to the kiosks now.

LOL, yikes! (Also, is there really a cupcake called "Baconator" in the game?)

This can also happen with bar drinks, BTW. A while back, I had Caleb Vatore order a Plasma Jane to review at Planet Honey Pop, but Anaya Jang stole it from him! O_O X-D

(I suppose that since she's a human, that she got instant justice for that sooner or later, though... Wink )

Message 253 of 260 (799 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Arrenai It would seem this is now broken again. Please pass this onto the devs so that they can “fix” it again. Thanks.
Message 254 of 260 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Chellsims Tested this on my save and don't see any food stealing at all, just the unfinished mean issue.

Could you try repairing the game through Origin ? Are you using the Legacy edition or standard ?

If you still see it after that, it's best if you made a new thread for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 255 of 260 (733 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, @Chellsims.

To help us track it down, can you tell us a bit about the circumstances you're finding Sims taking others' foods? For example, what kind of restaurant/establishment are they eating at? It would help a lot.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 256 of 260 (732 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I’m using the standard edition. I haven’t yet repaired my game, but it is a brand new save with a new restaurant I got from the gallery. It usually happens if a sim is talking at the same time as eating, or when they finish their drink first and the game then cancels out finishing off their food (which I think is another bug). That’s when another sim will swoop in and finish the food for them.
Message 257 of 260 (701 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Arrenai It is a brand new save with a new restaurant I got from the gallery (a build by Caatsar, I believe). As I said to Crinrict, it usually happens if a sim is talking at the same time as eating and is therefore distracted, or when they finish their drink first and the game then cancels out finishing off their food (which I think is another bug). That’s when another sim will swoop in and finish the food for them.
Message 258 of 260 (698 Views)

Hero
@Chellsims Does sound like it's mostly this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-DO-NPC-Sims-Not-Eating-in-Restaurant/td-p/744819...

I haven't seen any food stealing so could you make a new thread so we can see how many people still see food stealing after the newest patch ?

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 259 of 260 (680 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I’ve now read that post and added a ‘Me Too’ vote too, as I believe this is the same issue I also have. I want to do more testing before I open another thread, but I probably will. Thanks.
Message 260 of 260 (665 Views)