Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

by scyll85

Original Post

★★ Novice

I’m on PS4 and this keeps happening to me. It’s night on the town so I went to chez llama for free food. When the food came and I went to take a picture of it for simstagram victor feng came along and stole it. So then I ordered some more and while I was waiting my dinner date stopped eating hers and he ate hers then too. When my food finally came my character was talking so she didn’t start eating it straight away and this other blonde dude came and stole it AGAIN! I’m fuming. All I wanted was a cool pic and I just get violated. Not fun.

Message 191 of 260 (598 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've been able to reproduce the issue outside of restaurants by having my sim try to eat and drink and the same time. They will stop the eating action if you try to do both.

Message 192 of 260 (580 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue is present on ps4.

Went for my first "lunch" at chez llama, sim couple left at 11:30am sim time, got seated by noon sim time. Ordered a drink and appetizer for both, and by the time they managed to actually finish that, after one had to "reclaim" his appetizer from another patron and other got disrupted by a child cleaning up dishes. .... I sent them back home since it was near 7:00pm. That seems a bit ridiculous, 2 sim lunch date taking approx 7 hours for an appetizer only... I don't even want to know what time they would've gotten home had they ordered main course and dessert, could've been days -.-

My apologies EA, but at this point with current state of the gane, I have a strong feeling of "You sold it as working, now FIX it, so that it actually works please." .

Message 193 of 260 (580 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had a couple that went out to breakfast at 6am and they did not even get their coffee w\eggs and toast until 9pm. 😨

The rest of the time they autonomously cleaned up dishes that the waiters failed to do, cleaned the bathrooms, kitchen counters, bar counter a few times, picked up and disposed of trash all over the place. I finally had them have drinks and snacks at the bar upstairs and danced to some music until "breakfast" decided to show up. 😳

I gave them $500 for the work they did all day via a cheat as the waiters failed spectacularly at it....

Message 194 of 260 (563 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

★★★ Novice

I recently purchased the Dine out pack and I have the same issue. I order food and every time another sim comes and steals it. -.- I spent over 300 simoleons trying to get my sim dinner! LOL 

Message 195 of 260 (519 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've come to find that there are several issues related to this and here are a few temporary (read: NOT PERMANENT) fixes that can help combat these issues.

• Simply take the pilfered food back
    • However, your sim now runs the risk of getting food poisoning (but on the plus side, that's $200+ dollars you earn for reporting it!)
      • Yes, the food poisoning did happen to my sim twice after taking back their food.
  • Reset the incoming sim
    • When you notice the sim coming for your food, simply pause the game and reset them before they have a chance to take the food. 
  • Uses cheats to make all the surrounding sims happy
    • This effectively cancels out any hunger, and allows your sim (or sims) to eat without worry.
  • Wait until all the sims in the area have ordered, received their food, and eaten/Go early or later in the day 
    • This usually helps, as there aren't any other sims in the area to take your food since they'll be eating their own food. 
    • Arriving super early (about midnight or so) or late (10 at night or later), leaves fewer sims to come and take your food.
  • Invite sims over to your lot and cook for them/order pizza
    • Probably the best fix to this issue. You save money too! (no trolling, I've done this tons of times)
      • Either that or take them to a cafe. I've noticed that for some reason the bug doesn't affect bars or cafes.

Note: I'm not a Sim Guru, just a girl who's noticed a few fixes for this issue. Again, these are temporary fixes, so until they come out with a legitimate patch, the methods above are some things I've found tend to help. 

Message 196 of 260 (472 Views)

★★ Novice

Omg this error is getting me mad to the point where I I think you need to refund everyone. There is nothing as nasty as someone eating your food. It especially ticks me off that I still get charged for it.

Message 197 of 260 (434 Views)

★★★ Novice

How is this still not fixed? It sucks to have to ignore a chunk of content in a paid game.

Message 198 of 260 (423 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Nunachu theyll fix it. For about four months get famous didn’t work. It’s just an inconvenience for now. 

Message 199 of 260 (411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@candiecoatediv

Oh thank you, I understand now.  I can see the time frame it'll take for them to fix it.

Message 200 of 260 (407 Views)