Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

by FrozenWillow1980

Original Post

Re: Free-for-All At Restaurants!

EA Sims Team

Hi @partyguyhilton,

Thanks for letting us know about this happening on console, too!

Would you mind providing us with the info on which console it is that you're playing on? Is it PS4 or XB1?

Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 151 of 260 (1,027 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

In case developer observing this thread I've noticed a thing which may be interesting: There was a random tradition event today, the "Night in Town" event. Or maybe it's called "Night in the city", I'm not sure, because I play the game in German (there it's called "Nacht in der Stadt"). However, the tradition of this event is to go onto a community lot and eat ... because everything is free!

I've taken this as a chance to experiment with the meal-steal-problem in restaurants. So I went into my little diner and what should I say? I had a full working nice dinner with my sim's friend! Nobody took our meals or drinks. It felt like I'm used to it and finally I had some fun again visiting a restaurant. 

The second thing I noticed: There hasn't been a single celebrity in restaurant while I was there. Otherwise, when there isn't a traditional holiday event, there's an celebrity everytime ... with fans, with paparazzi ... could the issue caused by the celebrity reaction system from "Get Famous"? This came into my mind when I remember that Sims stopped their actions to react to the celebrity.

It's just speculation but I thought I let you all know about this. Maybe there's another player who can test this, too?

Message 152 of 260 (1,022 Views)

★ Novice

I am playing on XB1

Message 153 of 260 (1,007 Views)

★ Novice

I have an up to date Sims 4 with all the things but a few stuff packs installed.
I have been seeing these jokers stealing food too, on multiple occasions.

My character is a Grandmaster vampire so she will slam them with hallucination and take the food back.
The thieves are usually still busy talking to themselves when she has finished and leaves.

Message 154 of 260 (936 Views)

★★ Guide

I have the same issue. My sim was on a date and as soon as dinner was brought to the table, another sim came over and took my sims food. He stood there next to the table while eating it lol! Tbh it was hilarious but I can see it being annoying if it continues. Btw I'm on PS4

Message 155 of 260 (925 Views)

★★ Apprentice

ME TOO!!! i hate this i cant even dine out anymore because they never get a chance to eat. my sim was in the middle of their meal, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE, and katrina!! walks over and steals my friends plate and then EATS IT. IN FRONT OF THEM and when i get up to go yell at her (big mistake) HER DATE GETS UP AND TAKES MY PLATE AND EATS IT. all on my dime! it was so expensive i was treating my friend and they just steal and dont even realize it im desperate for a fix ASAP bc real world i would there would be blood, my sammich. lol

Message 156 of 260 (862 Views)

★ Guide

(QuoteStandard smile

Spoiler

In case developer observing this thread I've noticed a thing which may be interesting: There was a random tradition event today, the "Night in Town" event. Or maybe it's called "Night in the city", I'm not sure, because I play the game in German (there it's called "Nacht in der Stadt"). However, the tradition of this event is to go onto a community lot and eat ... because everything is free!

I've taken this as a chance to experiment with the meal-steal-problem in restaurants. So I went into my little diner and what should I say? I had a full working nice dinner with my sim's friend! Nobody took our meals or drinks. It felt like I'm used to it and finally I had some fun again visiting a restaurant. 

The second thing I noticed: There hasn't been a single celebrity in restaurant while I was there. Otherwise, when there isn't a traditional holiday event, there's an celebrity everytime ... with fans, with paparazzi ... could the issue caused by the celebrity reaction system from "Get Famous"? This came into my mind when I remember that Sims stopped their actions to react to the celebrity.

It's just speculation but I thought I let you all know about this. Maybe there's another player who can test this, too?

So here's an update.

• I tested a brand new save file
  • I deleted all preset celebrities in all worlds and the homeless celebs, too
  • I marked in game options to create new sims without fame, so there won't be new high ranked celebs
  • I played different households (Single, couples, small and big families) and went with them to the restaurants
  • I tested this with and without mods

The result: Sims still taking other's food and drinks! And they keep staying with the stolen meal in front of my starving household to show a specific kind of simlish sadism ("Haha, watch me eating the food YOU ordered ... and YOU will pay the bill, muhahahah!").

At least, it's better to play in reastaurants when there are no fan hordes hunting for a selfie of their favorite celebrity. But still ... we all need an urgent fix of this. It's a bug which make the "Dine Out" gameplay pack unplayable and as long as it occurs I won't recommend others to buy this pack. They won't have fun with it until it's fixed.

Message 157 of 260 (818 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimGuruKuxiku Is there any update on this? I'm glad I finally checked this out because it has been happening to me for the past month but I truly thought it was just me. I have every pack except Vampires, I don't use any CC..Im not sure what to do
Message 158 of 260 (793 Views)

★★ Guide

@LadyFu83 wrote:

could the issue caused by the celebrity reaction system from "Get Famous"? This came into my mind when I remember that Sims stopped their actions to react to the celebrity.

I do not have the Get Famous pack at all.  I think this is specifically since Island Living with the sharing of food culture installed written into the original game code, rather than the IL xpac.  I have get together and found a workaround but only if you have get together. It's on page 14 of this thread.   

Message 159 of 260 (749 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I agree with @mh4515 . I wasn't experiencing this bug prior to the update. It's so bizarre. I played last night and multiple sims took my Sim's food at the restaurant while they were sitting down at their reserved table. My sims didn't even get a chance to eat the food they JUST ordered; the plate was taken from them by a stranger immediately after the waiter put it on the table.

Message 160 of 260 (742 Views)