Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

by alphakes

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@crinrictIyasenu I’ve had my sim run a restaurant and every single day some sim who’s waiting just waltzes over to another table and takes their food. Then when they get their food someone else will take it. And the people who got their food stolen and didn’t eat anything will stay until they can find some other persons food to steal. I’ve seen a plate go to like three different tables and getting eaten off of until it’s empty. It’s kind of funny but it makes things confusing as heck and eventually gets annoying.
Message 111 of 260 (1,615 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It's not just the folks standing around.  Yesterday took a sim out to a restaurant (their meal was stolen) and even the wait staff was stealing and eating food.  Problem way out of control!

Message 112 of 260 (1,567 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@LadyFu83 The drink "stealing" happened before the IL patch (for me), but it's not a constant thing in my game.

The food-stealing doesn't seem as 100% as I thought. Went to a small restaurant tonight in one of my saves and no stealing happened. I was playing on 1 speed and trying to watch (and be ready to click as needed to record any shenanigans). Alas, all that happened was that one of my sims was late for work and one of the waiters kept getting sick (I think from spoiled food, a glitch on another thread). Weird.
Message 113 of 260 (1,562 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Holy skunk-sweat, this is annoying!

This has happened to me at Villa Bovine (Sim-owned, but different household attending) and at Chez Llama (NPC-owned).

What I do now, is I watch the other diners - and when anyone comes anywhere NEAR my Sims table, I use a cheat to reset them (to stop the interaction) and another to send them home.

Oooh, I hope this gets fixed soon!

Message 114 of 260 (1,501 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Seriously, when is this going to be fixed? It's so annoying! The sit down at restaurants tweak mod works, but it causes last exception errors. I've been making everyone in the restaurant except my sims and the staff leave. Dine Out is barely playable now. Teeth bared

Message 115 of 260 (1,436 Views)

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Get To Work, Island Living, Strangerville, Parenthood, Spa Day, Dine Out, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go out to eat at a restaurant and leave your food unattended. Get your own sim to take another sims food. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are sitting eating on a date and then leave it unattended. Another sim rudely swoops in and steals the sims food. 
What do you expect to see? Sims who are out to eat, should be sitting at their own tables and only eating their own food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? This is a complete reset with no CC or Mods.  I do have testingcheats on though. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch on June 18, 2019.

This has been since Island Living was installed.  I have not tested without Island Living.  I have tested the above in both the Dine Out restaurant and in my own Island Resort Build as a restaurant.  Looks like my sims dates will be in bars from now on until this is fixed. 

Message 116 of 260 (1,355 Views)

★ Apprentice

Given up on going to restaurants now because other guests are forever stealing food and can't complete dates cos the couple can't talk about food, its so infuriating - dodn't happen at all before the last update. Please fix this soon 

Message 117 of 260 (1,326 Views)

★★ Novice

I have literally stopped dining out with my Sims because this is so aggravating! You can’t even go on a dinner date now without having your meal and or cocktails stolen and if you order a second round those will be stolen to. When is this bug going to be fixed?

Message 118 of 260 (1,244 Views)

★ Pro

The Waitress! sole my Sim's ice cream. I've gotten used to the other diners taking food. This is a first. She does appear to be a glutton, tho. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 1.38.37 PM.jpg

Message 119 of 260 (1,238 Views)

Re: Weird bug(?) after latest update... Please help!

★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing happened with my sims. Every time my sim family would get their food and someone would come and eat it. I thought it was just my game as well. I don't use mods or CC. I had to stop sending my sims out to eat.

Message 120 of 260 (1,207 Views)