Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

by Quess_is_Baked

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Not just at restaurants... the food kiosks are also impacted by this bug.
Combine that with the now strangely limited hours and in this case an NPC being temporarily invisible my Sim had his meal yoinked away.
He was pretty hungry and ordered food. Just as the attendant set the plate down a random NPC took it and ate it.
Insult to injury the kiosk closed!

Stolen Meal

Game Version 1.52.100.1020
All content installed thru Island Living.
Never used CC or mods.

PC / Win 7

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 101 of 260 (1,224 Views)

★ Guide
@EuphorialQueen I can confirm strange open/clonsing times for market stalls. I played a while in San Myshuno to test this and I often noticed closed stalls through daytime without a switch for the market stall merchants. I don't know if this is really a bug or if I didn't notive before.

Version: 1.52 (Island Living EP)
Platform: PC, Windows 10
Message 102 of 260 (1,206 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is a real nightmare. Makes going out to a restaurant impossible. Not much sense to have the dine out pack. Please, EA, fix this bug ASAP. It just ruins game play.....

Message 103 of 260 (1,200 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue too and I have all the game/stuff/expansion packs. Like other people have posted, it's pretty much a free for all at any restaurant. Your sim better eat that food while they can... I'm tempted to make a restaurant that only celebs can get into. At the very least it should curb the amount of potential food thieves until an official solution is made.

Message 104 of 260 (1,177 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrictIyasenu You don't even need to leave your food unattended. Just stop eating for a few seconds.
Message 105 of 260 (1,120 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is funny, not funny. The first time the happened I was like okay what the... So basically, the only place Sims can eat out is the cafe bar. What makes this so bad is if you invite other Sims to dinner. The other sims that you cannot control at that time do this too thus making it impossible to order food and have it delivered to the table. Furthermore, one guest invitee kept pulling out old dishes from her inventory and eating them at the table even though the dishes were spoiled. So, I had my "controlled" sim go over and take the plate away. He goes to the garbage, comes back to find she has another plate of spoiled food. Funny? I think not. My Sims were all so hungry I was forced to abort dinner plans altogether.

Message 106 of 260 (1,087 Views)

Re: Meals Stolen at Restaurants

★★ Guide

This issue started for me last month in June, I currently play my sims 4 game on PC computer laptop dell and it only happen while my sims are out eating at a restaurants

Message 107 of 260 (1,067 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So my sims go out to eat sometimes and they get their food and start eating it then randomly a sim snatches it and walks away eating it, and it only happens with food not drinks, oh and npc sims are the stealer's. Even a worker stealed it, and the food tester.

@Mallissah i debug the thief and put it in packed lunch and eat it at home

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 108 of 260 (1,045 Views)

★ Guide

I haven't eaten out in ages. I remember doing it at least once before. But now I finally went to eat out when one sim called and asked. At the restaurant my sim and his date were eating but at the second when my sim stopped in the middle, someone just came and took the food right under his nose!? (Also another problem was that they never got the main course, they were served the dessert right away even though I paid for main also)

Message 109 of 260 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Happened to me too. Was kinda fun to watch. 2 sims kept stealing each others food like 5 times each. Then a kid stole it and ate it all.

Message 110 of 260 (1,012 Views)