Re: [TO ADD] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

by Sid1701d9

Original Post

Rude Sims Stealing My or My Date's Food!

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions - City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Game Packs - Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs - All but My First Pet and Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set up a date with any two Sims and wait for the food to be delivered. A random rude Sim will then come by, pick up one of your Sims' plate and start eating it!
What happens when the bug occurs? Read above description.
What do you expect to see? Obviously for my Sims to be able to go on a date and no rude Sims to just come by and steal their food!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Well, the restaurant bugs are at it again... I'm sure the preceding is almost a guaranteed way to start a restaurant brawl!

Message 11 of 260 (4,431 Views)

Re: Rude Sims Stealing My or My Date's Food!

★★★ Novice

This happens to me too! I only have Seasons, Parenting, Dine out, Toddler stuffs and Backyard stuffs. It happened in my first test run of Dine out, which is yesterday, right after update. I read on another forum that this hadn’t happened before the update. 

Message 12 of 260 (4,394 Views)

Re: Rude Sims Stealing My or My Date's Food!

★★★★ Guide

OMG! I thought this was only happening to me! I'm trying to celebrate my sim's kid's birthday and while eating dinner random sims just keep coming up and eating their food. 

Message 13 of 260 (4,387 Views)

Dine Out: NPC's keep stealing my sims's food

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet and Bowling Night.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a restaurant and order food, wait for it to get to the table and watch the chaos unfold.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will randomly drop eating from their queue and an NPC diner (who's usually ordered and waiting for their meal) will come along and take the food off the table take it back to their table and eat it.
What do you expect to see? Sims being able to eat in peace.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Looks like the bugginess of Dine Out is back in its full glory. This is really frustrating. It was funny and a huge WTH moment at first, but now it's downright annoying. my Sim is just trying to celebrate his daughter's birthday... 

Message 14 of 260 (4,388 Views)

Re: Free-for-All At Restaurants!

Hero
@Serabee Sorry for the late reply

I merged your post with existing bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 260 (4,345 Views)

★ Novice

This has happened to me as well. 

Except that I noticed it while I was running my restaurant.. Customers who are waiting for their meals will go to a table who just received their food - take it and eat it! Leaving the previous diner with no meal and causing a huge mess up.

This happens constantly, all the customers are walking around stealing each others food!

Message 16 of 260 (4,321 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Guys, a restaurant has 3 states

First, State is a NPC restaurant which has full staff and full behaviors of a restaurant. I like to call NPC state.
Second State is called Player controlled State, but broken, this state as a NPC restaurant will try to run it as a NPC State restaurant except it will simulate the area that is broken, however the house hold will receive the money instead of the unlimited npc bank. I call this the broken state.

The last one is a Full player state, this one runs the restaurant with all required sims working at the restaurant, until something happens to the restaurant, to make it break.

The causes of the break of restaurants is sim in the restaurant became playable by player actions, second npc sim death and restaurant can't function for player restaurants even when not controlling that house your get a notification.

Game will allow players of other houses to marry the restaurant employees, but won't allow it in households that own the restaurant if the resulting action would break the restaurant.

A good example Sim 1 outside household marries hostess employee since that sim don't work for the owned household marriage is allowed, restaurant breaks, when said sim moves in with each other.

Example 2 Sim household owns restaurant, their young adult sim 1 marries waiter #1, if restaurant don't have additional waiter slot unchecked waiter, marriage won't be allowed, because it breaks the restaurant, however marriage will be allowed if the marriage don't break the restaurant, but it has to be done from outside the restaurant lot.

I hope this helps.

Message 17 of 260 (4,316 Views)

Restaurant

★★★ Newbie

Since the new patch...when traveling to restaurants random people will crowd the restaurant and grab any meals that are on the table...also can not complete order.

Message 18 of 260 (4,309 Views)

Re: Restaurant

Hero
@gamermom17 Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.
Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 260 (4,297 Views)

Re: Restaurant

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI will check when I go into a restaurant, before the patch if there was a problem with routing to the food they would just release the food for everyone at just one table.

I tested it with a real working restaurant and wasn't any real problems except a minor bug from get famous perk that should not apply to player operated restaurants.  other than that everyone got there food ok.

Message 20 of 260 (4,260 Views)