Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Night Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go out to eat at a restaurant and leave your food unattended.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any other Sim at the restaurant who isn't busy eating their own food (like the many that are just standing around instead of sitting at their own table) will just come and take any food that's lying around.
What do you expect to see? Sims who are out to eat, should be sitting at their own tables and only eating their own food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch on June 18, 2019.

My Sims who eat out at restaurants have been constantly getting their food stolen if they ever leave it unattended, or even if they just don't immediately start eating it as soon as it's delivered.

Other Sims at the restaurant, especially those who are just standing around talking for some reason, will not hesitate to just pick up and eat food that doesn't belong to them.

Message 3 of 260 (24,679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Random Sims will no longer steal your Sim’s food and eat it.

Fixed for PC  in Patch 1.54.120

This issue is still open for Console players.

EDIT: Please use this thread if Sims are not finishing their meal: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DO-Sims-cancel-eating-in-restaurants/m-p/8098977

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 212 of 260 (8,979 Views)

All Replies

Free-for-All At Restaurants!

★★★★ Apprentice

So, it's the Night Out holiday and my Sim family went to a restaurant for dinner. At the restaurant, the kid and the husband decide they didn't want to wait, so they stole food from another table. Not cool, but I can direct them away from it. They wait until the food is delivered... and then someone steals their food! WHILE THEY'RE EATING IT! Is this a new issue? Hopefully it doesn't affect all restaurants, since I like having my Sims eat from time to time, but not when they have to fight for their food...

(though, now that I think about it, that's a pretty interesting idea for a theme restaurant)

Message 1 of 260 (24,431 Views)

My Sim done the craziest thing I ever seen

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Candy Behr ask my sim for a dinner date (dine out) my sim is a vampire, so I order Candy Monte Vista and a Space Taco, my sim order only a Monte Vista. after a few mins the waiter came and drop off the food at our table, then my Sim qued up "learn space taco recipe" and "drink Monte Vista" She got up from the table walked over to another table and stole someone space taco, then walks around for a few secs and then puts the space taco dish on the floor.. meanwhile Candy gets "?" on hers Space taco.. now she cant eat it.  not sure bug or one time thing, but still I had to say something.. lol

06-19-19_3-39-07 AM.png

now Bjorn just rips off Candy Space Taco/ // lol

Message 2 of 260 (24,599 Views)

Re: My Sim done the craziest thing I ever seen

Hero
@LadyDarkSorrow Merged your post with other report on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 260 (24,571 Views)

After update, sims taking my sims food and eating it when dining out.

★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Sims 4 Island living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go eat at a restaurant and order food and a drink. Other random sims that are sitting and waiting to eat will come take your plate and you date's plate of food. Afterwards they may take the plate from the sim who took your plate.
What happens when the bug occurs? Go eat at a restaurant and order food and a drink. Other random sims that are sitting and waiting to eat will come take your plate and you date's plate of food. Afterwards they may take the plate from the sim who took your plate.
What do you expect to see? I expected to not have other sims take my food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When my sims dine out at a restaurant, other sims take their plates and sometimes other sims take the plates from the one who took my plates. The ones that take the plates are other diners who are sitting down. When I tried to take my plate back in build mode, another diner came and took my plate away.

Message 5 of 260 (24,566 Views)

Meals Stolen at Restaurants

★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 152.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.Have a Sim visit a restaurant 2. Order a meal 3. After meal is delivered, a random Sim will come take food and eat it. Sometimes it happens before they begin eating, other times as soon as the food is delivered
What happens when the bug occurs? Food is stolen, controlled Sims stay at the table. They do not react to the theft
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see my Sim eat the meal they ordered and their hunger bar increases
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after the most recent patch that came out yesterday

Message 6 of 260 (24,532 Views)

Re: Meals Stolen at Restaurants

Message 7 of 260 (24,514 Views)

Re: Meals Stolen at Restaurants

Hero
@orangecat30 Merged your post. Please press me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 260 (24,501 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

★ Guide

My sim has been to the restaurant three times and had her food stolen 5 times (it happened three times during her first visit). They will steal it before they eat (2x), while they're eating (2x), and when they're in the bathroom thinking about eating it (1x). I have found you can steal it back if you act fast enough and know who stole it, but only for the sims you can control. On a date with an NPC, your date is out of luck. One of the "before she was eating it" thefts happened while my sim was taking the picture of experimental food.

The visit where it was stolen three times, all three times were by the same sim. Also, the only ones that stole food on mine had been shown to their table first. The paparazzi and fans who were standing around in the restaurant haven't tried yet.

Message 9 of 260 (24,443 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [DO] Sims Taking Other Diner's Food

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Yes, I noticed this as well now, this was not the case before the June 18th Patch (PC 1.52.100.1020), sims will walk up to your table and grab a plate, even if you had eaten some of it.

Message 10 of 260 (24,417 Views)